No announcement yet.

Blackbox as a live looper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this sample (odd) vs / clip (pair) is strange... maybe someone could explain me about ?? (on my RC505, that is the most powerfull & ergonomic HW looper i have ever seen and use, you can choose 3 measure with the sync on (= clip)...)

Comment

+1 on Live Looping with a Foot Pedal. I also agree that Overdub is not really required with 16 pads available. Just RecStart / RecStop&Play / Delete on the currently selected Pad would be a great start.

Comment

+1
        I totally agree with Martin

Comment

At very least allow us an option to record a new sample with a count-in, in time with previous recorded samples, I’m having a hell of a time recording samples in time with previously recorded samples because they start a 4-count in before the new sample starts recording I’m a full bar behind by the time it starts recording.

Comment

shankiphonic yes it is and I need the lead in I just want previously recorded waves to start playing after the count in too so that I’m in time with them. They start playing the second play and record are pushed throwing me a whole bar behind the rest of the samples

Comment

• shankiphonic
            shankiphonic commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I beefed over something like this at some point and maybe solved it with a larger quant size....

Then it keeps recording when it loops over the first bar on the way round. So I’m starting to record bar 2 and finishing with bar 1 as opposed to recording along with samples recorded from beginning to end

Comment

how about you record the click track as a separate clip on its own and then use that as you reference without any lead in?

Comment

• Villainmedia
              Villainmedia commented
              Editing a comment
              Because I use the lead-in for reasons people generally use the lead-in, I need it, may not need it if this thing had looper functionality but without it to get in time it’s absolutely essential in creating loops that work together in time. It makes less than 0 sense to have anything sound before the count-in and leave you one bar into your recording before you can start recording.who wants to essentially punch in one bar into their recording? Lead-ins allow for a little prep time but if the other samples have been playing for one bar its essentially useless unless only used on its own while recording an initial sample, my intentions with this thing were to use it as essentially a multitrack ambient box, record one sample clip, then the next and the next all different length clips. In order to do it I need a four count in then everything play at once, I find it so completely strange that no one else has encountered this or has issue with it, it’s huge. For anyone that wants to use it for any sort of looping all the loops need to jive time wise to record new sounds on top

• Georges
              Georges commented
              Editing a comment
              For now, finding a decent workaround is your best bet, at least in the short run. A workaround is obviously second best to a dedicated feature. However, the blackbox is not really a live looper and it does also not come with all the bells and whistles that you’d expect from such a device.

• byrdinbbylon
              byrdinbbylon commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree that the lead in should precede any clips playing, so that you can start a part (basically like an overdub to existing clips playing) in time with the existing clips while still getting the benefit of the lead in, which is crucial for guitar or bass clips.

I’ve got absolutely no practical use for it as a live looper currently I just want to be able to record new samples from a count-in in time with previously recorded samples. It’s incomprehensible that those previous sounds start playing before the count-in is finished. Thanks for taking the time Georges I appreciate it

Comment

• PsyLoFi
              PsyLoFi commented
              Editing a comment
              I have figured out that loops play during lead in when they are not part of the sequence. Now I’m struggling to trigger full loops from the sequence - they’re retriggering every bar for some reason. My first experience with this thing is frustrating to say the least

• PsyLoFi
              PsyLoFi commented
              Editing a comment
              OK, so I've cracked that nut after a few hours of trying and watching tutorials. That wasn't particularly fun but the problem is solved and I think now I can go on with looping. So in order for lead in to work as expected, you first need to record necessary loop in a sequence. A key for samples playing at full length is sequence's Step Length setting which can be found by tapping Info button twice when the sequence is selected. 1 bar seems to work fine for me.
              I don`t think this is a work around, it seems to be intended workflow. It`s fairly fast to set up so I don't mind.

However, I'm still frustrated with only 1 bar of lead in which is really short if you need to switch to guitar or something, but at least that is something that you can work with.

Also I'm not quite happy that there is no lead in in play mode regardless of metronome setting, which makes rehearsing a bit cumbersome.

Absence of midi control for transport is another pain in the ass, but at least it's the one I was aware of prior to purchasing the thing. Given the amount of requests, I believe it is technically impossible to implement for some reason, otherwise it would be implemented long ago.

This topic made me scared at first, I really thought that lead in issue will force me to sell the thing, but now I'm relieved.

Cheers

+1. Live looping would be awesome. Start/stop via midi and overdub/replace mode would be fantastic.

Comment

+1 like all the other. start/stop via midi and rec quant that goes for a bar rather than starts at the next bar marker.

Comment

Working...
              X