No announcement yet.

Give us some colours on the UI :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the color code choice by 1010, it’s simple and efficient, I can spend hours without any fatigue, and with op-1 and more with the op-z, it make sense because of the multi purpose of each encoder. The 1010 have a really different hardware control configuration and too much color will make it too messy. Simplicity is a really good design choice in here, and satisfy graphical taste is an impossible mission, because everyone have different taste. Here they made a choice of efficient design, there is already so much complexity in this little box. My subjective point of view

Comment

Not very high on my wishlist but could still be great. I really believe that teenage engineering is attracting a lot of people through their “attractive” and hip design. I bet it would totally boost sales to have a unique look as it would really work on social media and YouTube. It certainly doesn’t look as fancy when you see it on YouTube or Instagram now and made me overlook it at first. Only after really searching for gear and digging into the functionality of the bb was I convinced that it’s actually better for me than the op 1 or digitakt and I’m really happy I chose the bb so I think it would probably have a great side effect for 1010 music

Comment

I would like some colors for pads, I find it difficult when returning to a project to remember if it is a Clip, Sample, Slicer, Granular or Multi so having a bit of color to easily identifty these when playing pads would be cool and so much easier.

Comment

Some customisable colours would be very helpful!

Comment

+1
            A bunch of custom colours for pads and seq would make workflow faster and easier imo
            Also black/gray/white ala nanoloop would be cool.

Comment

Aaron, any news about adding fonctionnal colors assignements into workflow elements for each screens?

Comment

Why this is harder than it sounds.
                The programming to manage where colors are used can live in the firmware today, because it’s standard.
                For color customization to work, data describing your customizations needs to live in the preset, on the micro sd.
                The preset file format is xml. So it is, by definition, extensible. But that doesn’t mean it’s simple.
                This introduces an entirely new aspect to how the processor and the firmware would interact with the removable storage.
                It would need to be tested to ensure that setting seq 11 to cornflower blue doesn’t lead to unexpected audio or sequencer performance.
                Considering what is already known about the hardware, aka, the little engine that could, and the laundry list of audio and functional sequencer related wishes… do you want to potentially put a tax on the blackbox processor for this?

Comment

this thread is useless without pics

Comment

I’ve been able to follow this thread and visualize all the suggestions and discourse without pictures using only my imagination. Hardly useless.

Comment

Originally posted by shankiphonic View Post
                      Why this is harder than it sounds.
                      The programming to manage where colors are used can live in the firmware today, because it’s standard.
                      For color customization to work, data describing your customizations needs to live in the preset, on the micro sd.
                      The preset file format is xml. So it is, by definition, extensible. But that doesn’t mean it’s simple.
                      This introduces an entirely new aspect to how the processor and the firmware would interact with the removable storage.
                      It would need to be tested to ensure that setting seq 11 to cornflower blue doesn’t lead to unexpected audio or sequencer performance.
                      Considering what is already known about the hardware, aka, the little engine that could, and the laundry list of audio and functional sequencer related wishes… do you want to potentially put a tax on the blackbox processor for this?
                      I don't get your point. The requested feature is some kind of color coding for pads. In the end, this is a 3 byte value in the memory and it's already changeable as you can see in the current firmware. Reading an additional XML key once a preset is loaded will take exactly 0.042 ms longer and writing this value back for once per session or so will have roughly the same impact. Sure there can always break things when changing code, that's the hard part of coding.

Despite that, don't I really see this feature request as an aesthetic gimmick. Using colors in a meaningful way can help a lot to recognize things so it increases the user experience, especially in live scenarios.

Comment

Working...
                      X