Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones as single outputs

Wouldn't it be nice if you got 8 Outs?

I believe for some users it would be a welcomed addition, and for others it wouldn’t be useful at all. All depend on how you use it I guess. I for instance have no use for it, but I’d like to see the development team pack as many useful features as possible into the box.

Comment

chrislux > you mean separating right/left on the outputs choice in the firmware to obtain more tracks ? Could be a good routing option indeed, then I guess use a splitter to have the physical outputs.

It's true that it is not the most commonly used way. What would be the use case ? Multi-track mono sample recording I guess ? But why going through the BB when you can directly go to the sound card or mixer ?

Comment

Right to obtain more tracks. Its the way I am working with multitrack recording. I get always different latency using the soundcard and always have to make some small edits afterwards.
        I use 24 Track multitrack recording with a cymatic audio interface. Recording 4 Subgoups, 8 Mono Channels, 4 Fx Returns from my mixer and other strange things I find simultaneously.
        I like the fast workflow with the Blackbox. And often the Computer isn't running at all.

But even with a full drum set 8 Outs would be fine.

Comment

Ok, got you, so it's not only for the headphones, it's also for the other three outputs, resulting to 4 stereo outs split to 8 mono outs.

Makes sense for a 16 part sampler indeed.

Wonder if we could also do that for the input (I don't remember is if it's stereo). If it's stereo it would really be interesting as we could use the BB as a mixer of two external synths + internal samples for a live situation (a bit like the Octatrack does).

Comment

Well, just had a look at the routing options of a PAD and it looks like it's already implemented !
            Attached Files

Comment

OK sorry, now I really got you You're asking the same for the headphone jack. Yep good idea, makes sense, considering we don't need to monitor on the BB itself on a multi-track recording situation (we already can monitor right on the mixer/recording device).

Comment

Yep. routing the headphones individually without the main mix. I know it must be possible as we can already route the metronome to the main outs.
                Monitoring is always off at the blackbox in my setup.

Comment

Uuuuuuuup!

Comment

Yes please!! : )

Comment

Technically, the DAC chip used in the BB has 2in/8outs which are addressed individually, and already wired to 5 Stereo 3.5mm jacks, IN, OUT1, OUT2, OUT3 and PHONES
                      So the hardware certainly allows it, and in fact you can already use the 3 main stereo OUTs as 6 individual mono outs ( you'll just need to find 3.5mm stereo to mono splitter cables ( insert cables will also work )

In order for this to work without loosing existing functionality, you'd need to:
                      • add a setting to set the PHONES output to Monitor: All or None
                      • add PHONES LR, PHONES L and PHONES R as routing options in the pad info page.
                      • add global volume control in settings for OUT1, OUT2, OUT3 because it would be weird for PHONES to have one, but not the other 3
                      ( assuming the DSP has the bandwith to compute another pair of individual out signal, and 1010Music feel it's worth the effort to go from 3 to 4 stereo out, or 6 to 8 mono outs )

Comment

This would be great! 3x stereo quite feels like just one to little

Comment

+1 - i would appreciate being able to use all outputs when i have BB hooked up to a mixer

Comment

Originally posted by OlivierOzoux View Post
                            Technically, the DAC chip used in the BB has 2in/8outs which are addressed individually, and already wired to 5 Stereo 3.5mm jacks, IN, OUT1, OUT2, OUT3 and PHONES
                            So the hardware certainly allows it, and in fact you can already use the 3 main stereo OUTs as 6 individual mono outs ( you'll just need to find 3.5mm stereo to mono splitter cables ( insert cables will also work )

In order for this to work without loosing existing functionality, you'd need to:
                            • add a setting to set the PHONES output to Monitor: All or None
                            • add PHONES LR, PHONES L and PHONES R as routing options in the pad info page.
                            • add global volume control in settings for OUT1, OUT2, OUT3 because it would be weird for PHONES to have one, but not the other 3
                            ( assuming the DSP has the bandwith to compute another pair of individual out signal, and 1010Music feel it's worth the effort to go from 3 to 4 stereo out, or 6 to 8 mono outs )
                            +1 that makes senses

Comment

+1 would be very useful when I'm transferring my BB songs to my DAW

Comment

Working...
                              X