Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nnbveh
    replied
    +1. Eight individual mono outs will bring this little box much closer to its full potential...

Leave a comment:

• Jack Pimiento
    replied
    Originally posted by skipcameron View Post
    What might work best is an additional option under the Output selection for Headphone. Simply ON or OFF, the default being ON. That way it still acts as a main mix bus, but you could send whatever you want to the Headphone output. If you sent nothing to the Headphones and still use FX, then you could capture the isolated FX Return separately.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks
    This sounds like a good way to solve the HP issue. It would certainly work for me.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholi
    replied
    I want to process sounds with outboard gear so giving up the FX is expected and fine with me.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    We did something similar to this with the Micro. Thanks for your input.

Leave a comment:

• skipcameron
    replied
    Can't speak for everyone here, but that is what I would expect. Giving up FX/Compressor/EQ would be fine since the most common reason for wanting additional outputs is for outboard processing/mixing.

What might work best is an additional option under the Output selection for Headphone. Simply ON or OFF, the default being ON. That way it still acts as a main mix bus, but you could send whatever you want to the Headphone output. If you sent nothing to the Headphones and still use FX, then you could capture the isolated FX Return separately.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Assuming you could route to the Phones output the same as 1,2, and 3. If you use internal FX you will still hear the return as the FX are bus FX and not insert FX. So to do this you would need to give up FX for anything not routed to OUT1. Does that make sense? And, would that satisfy what you are asking for?

No promises. I'm just asking questions to better understand the underlying reasoning.

Leave a comment:

• skipcameron
    replied
    +1

I just got the Blackbox and plan to use the direct outs going into a console. It just makes sense that you'd be able to set up the Phones output the same way as the others.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Pimiento
    replied
    I've mentioned something similar in another post. For me, I just want anything sent out of outputs 1,2 and 3 to be removed from the HP output.

Others want to use the HP output as another pair of L/R that works in the same way as the 1,2 and 3.

Essentially some routing options would be/are needed. There's definitely some appetite for some HP routing output options.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholi
    replied
    Add me to the list that would love to see this implement. Or at least remove sounds sent to OUT1 etc from the Phones out.

Leave a comment:

• denizgarout
    replied
    +1 would be very useful when I'm transferring my BB songs to my DAW

Leave a comment:

• dertranb
    replied
    Originally posted by OlivierOzoux View Post
    Technically, the DAC chip used in the BB has 2in/8outs which are addressed individually, and already wired to 5 Stereo 3.5mm jacks, IN, OUT1, OUT2, OUT3 and PHONES
    So the hardware certainly allows it, and in fact you can already use the 3 main stereo OUTs as 6 individual mono outs ( you'll just need to find 3.5mm stereo to mono splitter cables ( insert cables will also work )

In order for this to work without loosing existing functionality, you'd need to:
    • add a setting to set the PHONES output to Monitor: All or None
    • add PHONES LR, PHONES L and PHONES R as routing options in the pad info page.
    • add global volume control in settings for OUT1, OUT2, OUT3 because it would be weird for PHONES to have one, but not the other 3
    ( assuming the DSP has the bandwith to compute another pair of individual out signal, and 1010Music feel it's worth the effort to go from 3 to 4 stereo out, or 6 to 8 mono outs )
    +1 that makes senses

Leave a comment:

• clayton
    replied
    +1 - i would appreciate being able to use all outputs when i have BB hooked up to a mixer

Leave a comment:

• emji_herara
    replied
    This would be great! 3x stereo quite feels like just one to little

Leave a comment:

• OlivierOzoux
    replied
    Technically, the DAC chip used in the BB has 2in/8outs which are addressed individually, and already wired to 5 Stereo 3.5mm jacks, IN, OUT1, OUT2, OUT3 and PHONES
    So the hardware certainly allows it, and in fact you can already use the 3 main stereo OUTs as 6 individual mono outs ( you'll just need to find 3.5mm stereo to mono splitter cables ( insert cables will also work )

In order for this to work without loosing existing functionality, you'd need to:
    • add a setting to set the PHONES output to Monitor: All or None
    • add PHONES LR, PHONES L and PHONES R as routing options in the pad info page.
    • add global volume control in settings for OUT1, OUT2, OUT3 because it would be weird for PHONES to have one, but not the other 3
    ( assuming the DSP has the bandwith to compute another pair of individual out signal, and 1010Music feel it's worth the effort to go from 3 to 4 stereo out, or 6 to 8 mono outs )

Leave a comment:

• Lorenzer
    replied
    Yes please!! : )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X