Visual Feedback for Midi Controller Inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Feedback for Midi Controller Inputs

It would be nice if you add the feature that the user get a Visual feedback for the midi controlled parameter. For example the bpm will not change on the Blackbox Display when i use an external clock. Same for all Other midi controlled parameter (Filter, Volume etc.). It is a bit confusing especially in live situations.

Yes!!! I feel like we really need visual feedback. Once something has been assigned to midi the display really should update in real time. In live situations it can be very confusing especially when you have more than a few samples playing at once.

Comment

• dertranb
      dertranb commented
      Editing a comment
      i did get this feeling in live situation, indeed

just to play devils advocate, I think its useful to see the original parameter setting because the result you hear is the original value plus midi cc. so if it showed the combined result you'd be left guessing what the actual setting is on the blackbox. but some way to see the end result would be good!

Comment

• Klaustrophil
      Klaustrophil commented
      Editing a comment
      It would actually always helpful to see the saved value in the preset once it was changed. Maybe there could be an indicator that the value was changed and when the value is changed, the original value could be shown somewhere (maybe on the top of the screen?)

• Ademali
      Ademali commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it really the original value plus the cc value?

I'm not near my BB to check but that sounds wrong. In my past experience if I have the midi cc controller turned to 0 (all the way anti-clockwise), then on the BB the filter is set to the very left most position. That tells me that the cc value overrides the BB setting, no?

I agree. Visual feedback via led light pads on external controllers would be very helpful in determining system state. Basic pad state would be a great starting point (on/off based on latch mode). Same for sequences.

Comment

Agreed +1.

Comment

can we please, please, please, please, please get visual feedback for on-screen display of parameters that are under external midi control?

Comment

i 100% agree on that. i do midi CC pitch / vol / filter control, and i did get surprised that digit parameter won't show the actual value...

Comment

Yeah, I feel like it is pretty essential, otherwise, you have no idea where you truly are with your actual control levels vs what is on screen

Comment

Originally posted by dertranb View Post
              i 100% agree on that. i do midi CC pitch / vol / filter control, and i did get surprised that digit parameter won't show the actual value...
              also something surprising : when controlling parameter via CC, it seems that the range of that parameter, let's say pitch (or volume) is greater than the 128 step (?) of CC. that said, it means that (it seems that) the value used when assigning CC via midi learn is very important, because it défines the range the CC can access, in a way : it is a bit tricky, for you can't access higher/ lower values, if pitch is set to zero for example (prior to midi learn)... dunno if i'm right and clear...

Comment

+1 really need visual feedback. for me its especially important for filter value, pitch and bpm.

Comment

More visual feedback / helpers would be appreciated.
                  Additional request: a pan center mark for each pad on the mixer page. (or a way to reset pan to zero)

Comment

+1 to this

Comment

Working...
                    X