Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exporting time stretch sample ( clip mode )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting time stretch sample ( clip mode )

How easy would it be to have an export function in the clip mode to bounce the time stretched sample to the project folder?

You mean other than Resampling?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve J View Post
      You mean other than Resampling?
      Yes - when working with loops it would speed up the process to export at project tempo and bring back into the same window to further chop.

Take an old drum break sampled from an old funk record, say 4 bars long. You could set loop markers on desired part ( maybe a trim function that doesn’t destroy the original sample) and then have the loop play at project speed . Once happy click export button to save the loop at current speed. Then you could bring the loop back into current pad and further chop into 4s 8s etc knowing that they will play in time.

I should imagine not an easy task?

Comment

Forgive me if I’m missing something here but can't you do this by resampling that 4 bar groove — then cutting it further using the loop markers (purple flags) -- then cutting it further into smaller pieces.

When asking the blackbox to sync Clips, the blackbox assumes that the original material is close to the current Project (Song) tempo. I'm unclear (and curious) about how your workflow is different (aside from the non-destructive trim function) and what are the benefits?

Comment

Working...
        X