Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparate sequences from pads

I have been thinking a lot how this would be reasonably possible:
    You have got in the upper right corner the pad selector for the sequence. You got 16 pads, just as you got 16 midi out channels.
    You could with a single tab open the association panel where there is no need to select anything but you can select the pads and the channels you would like the sequence to be played back.
    It would be really really good. Because you can do layering (same sequence multiple synths) you could mix midi with samples too and you could even use it as a performance switch.

And by the way you would not waste a sample pad just because of midi playback as it is implemented right now....

I'd really love that! Please vote up or even better please just implement this!
    Last edited by mineral; 05-18-2020, 06:48 AM.

When I received my box I quickly figured out how I could play my external midi gear through the bb. But it took me quite some time to realize that I actually needed to have a pad loaded with a sample to record midi for my external synths. That was pure luck because it doesnt really make any sense. It should be possible to record midi notes right away into a sequence.

Since the recorded sequence seemed to be somehow "married" to a sample pad, I was wondering how to remove that connection or how to apply the output to a different pad but was unable to find a solution. Just like the option to switch the midi channel there should be the possibility to switch the associated sample pad.

So yes, I agree with you. Something is missing here.
    Last edited by minimal; 05-26-2020, 01:31 AM.

Comment

When I received my box I quickly figured out how I could play my external midi gear through the bb. But it took me quite some time to realize that I actually needed to have a pad loaded with a sample to record midi for my external synths. That was pure luck because it doesnt really make any sense. It should be possible to record midi notes right away into a sequence.
      Thanks. I thought I was getting it wrong as well... Loading a sample to a pad to sequence external gear does not make any sense, indeed.

And once you add sample, record a sequence (just because you must do it this way), correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way to split the pad from the recorded sequence? Even if it's clear that it's triggering external gear?

Comment

There is no easy solution to this. If you are sequencing from the Pads piano roll, you can see the grid of notes vs pads. You can change the Pad there. No, you can't move all the notes from one pad to another very easily. The good news....you posted this in the correct thread. This is where we typically look first when adding features, updates, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X