Multi select notes in step sequencer...and a few more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi select notes in step sequencer...and a few more

EDIT: I've edited my post to reflect the changes that were brought about in 2.0 as pointed out by soundsorange although for the future: 1. it would be good to add some additional LFO modulation destinations and 5. it would be good to add some additional chance logic to play a step once every 2/4/8 bars

Not really sure how best to post my ideas without spamming the forum (or looking like a demanding child) but here's my suggestions. Feel free to correct me if something I've mentioned is already in the works or can already be done. I've had a Digitakt and an OP-Z before so some of my ideas have come from there though to be clear I don't want the BB to be a clone of those devices, I just think they are really great features:
    1. An LFO (or two) and plenty of destinations. - Implemented in 2.0
    2. Multi select notes in the step sequencer and be able to move, delete, copy, multiple notes at once.
    3. Copy notes from one sequence and paste into another. Already Exists.
    4. Scale up sequences e.g. start with a basic 16 step drum pattern, increase the step length to add some variation and have the notes from first 16 steps copied to the rest of the extended sequence.
    5. Taken from my time with Digitakt and OP-Z: Step components which more easily create variation of sequences i.e. chance criteria for a note getting played. - Implemented in 2.0
    6. Play notes locked in the scale and key set in the keyboard grid mode via a midi keyboard.
    7. Chord mode as a new keys mode. Allow midi keyboard to play those chords as described in no. 5
    8. Audition notes in the piano roll when editing the sequence.
    9. Visual editor for sections in song mode so you can see the sequences that play within it, when they play and be able to move them around. At the moment you have to re-record without much visual feedback of what the sections looks like.
    Last edited by mrjtfool; 08-01-2022, 01:38 AM.

Everything yes on updating the sq!

Comment

+1 on ability to select and edit multiple notes on sequencer.

While I'm at it, a tiny adjustment that would also be cool is if the VEL and PLAY events went from highest value downwards if you turn the dial counter clockwise from 0 / ALWAYS. Would save lots of knob twiddling to get an always-played note to 75% etc

Comment

Looks like 1 and 5 are now done in 2.0 firmware.

I’ve just bought one of these great devices and almost immediately wanted 3 and 4. When you make a sequence with default 16 steps then realise you want it longer but with some variation, the only option is to extend it all manually or start a new sequence. It’d be amazing to just set the sequence to 2x, 4x, 8x the length (etc) and have the full thing copied. Then you just have to tweak a few notes by hand rather than rebuild it all.

it’d also be fantastic to have Euclidean rhythm generation for parts. Also to be able to overdub velocity edits or other parameters by performance on a knob or screen while preserving the notes where they are.

for me the sample playback options are now pretty decent in 2.0 and it’d be great to have more sophisticated sequencing features.

thanks for an awesome piece of kit!

Comment

I just used the sequencer for the first time since getting the blackbox again and am STUNNED that:
          1. Multi select notes in the step sequencer and be able to move, delete, copy, multiple notes at once.
          isn't implemented yet.

Comment

+1 especially on number 2 and 8.

Comment

+1 especially 2. 3. 4 and 9.

Also, I would really like to see more than 16 sequences. 32 would be really workable.

Comment

+1, particularly 2 and 8 for me as well.

Comment

Having just had to re-do a whole sequence to transpose it up 2 octaves rather than simply select them all and manually move them up, I'm definitely throwing my vote in for #2...

Comment

.2 & .3 please

Comment

yes on #9, Song mode could use some love, hasn't ever seen an update, would really make bbox a more standalone system.
                      Though there are alot of other basic issues to be addressed, like storing slice number in a section

Comment

+1 on No 2,3,4, and 9.

Comment

Working...
                        X