Turn off Quantizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off Quantizing

Request: Sequence option to record pad/key notes into sequence without quantizing the note, regardless of sequence resolution/count.

Hello,

I ​​this box, however all of my music that I make (even my more electric selections) relies on unquantized organic finger played drumming. An option for having the grid, but not needing to quantize to the step resolution.

I desperately need a way for this Blackbox to have a option to turn off the quantization / snap note to grid.

I'm sure this can be done via firmware update? Developers, amazing job on this product, could this be something easy to implement? This will allow me to fully commit to the Blackbox, and to be honest, Blackbox will even more develop a cult following.

I'd seriously cry tears of joy if this can be done Adam and Developers.

Wanted to add too that the ability to turn off the quantization would be a option per sequence or per song/section.

Having the ability to turn off quantization lets me leave my personal touch, mark and signature on this potential flagship device for music makers.

And in 2020, freedom is everything. Having this option would help breath more freedom into my Blackbox, giving more life to my music.

Thanks for listening 1010

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

• NONLoCAL
        NONLoCAL commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah.... want this feature so bad, for the same reasons mentioned above

+1 for non quantised midi recording!

Steve

Comment

Yes! Thanks

Comment

I was planning on buying a Blackbox and seeing this thread and now knowing it cant do unquantized recording kind of puts me off of it.

Comment

^^^^

Developers, the community feels this is a supremely high priority to kill the grid.

Bobthesalesclerk, I can assure you that the developers here have so far listened to majority of the request put here on the websites wishlist area. The developers tote that the Box's software is damn near a endless bound as firmware updates and the community are driving that expandability.

If you do decide to get a Blackbox, keep that in mind. I prefer the loose Boom Bap / Electronic music that delivers emotions better without quantizing. I can tell you, this Box is literally a update or two away from having MPCers/Nauts/etc to come over to the black side.

Comment

Yeah, need Turn off Quantizing option, then the 4GB file size make sense: "What is the maximum sample length per pad? Because it is streaming, the max file size is 4GB, which is many hours depending on the sample".

Comment

Factus tree. ^

Comment

To be clear - there is no such thing as "unquantized" MIDI. It is impossible, by definition. However, we hear that you are asking for a much smaller grid and other new sequencer features. We also acknowledge that the sequencer has received the least amount of attention since the launch of the blackbox. And while most anything is possible in software, patience is key here.

Also... we are shipping the bitbox micro and bitbox mk2 this week!!

Comment

Copy that.

Ok, so the increased resolution and perhaps the GUI disabling of the grid, alludes to the non-quantized canvas and operation?
                    Because if so, yes, if a smaller grid resolution and option then to remove grid element (this alone might increase operation accessibility) was implemented... sheesh, it'd be fly flippin fantastie to say the least!

And you are absolutely correct about patience. I have a few zeros, ones, and underscores under my belt so I def get it.

Steve, I also thought about algorithm for Exporting stems! I'm a slight galactic dork, so I'm curious in the path route!

Comment

Just updating because this would be ***** awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        To be clear - there is no such thing as "unquantized" MIDI.
                        Maybe, but in a midi sequencer, unquantize has always meant "recorded at the highest resolution of the device" which is often the max PPQN of the internal midi clock.

Comment

Originally posted by OlivierOzoux View Post

Maybe, but in a midi sequencer, unquantize has always meant "recorded at the highest resolution of the device" which is often the max PPQN of the internal midi clock.
                          Eloquently said.

Comment

Originally posted by OlivierOzoux View Post

There will always be a PPQN for every MIDI sequencer. The issue here is that users want a higher resolution so as to not "sound" quantized.

My comment was addressing the semantics of the request.

Comment

Working...
                            X