SynthBox/FXBox Firmware Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SynthBox/FXBox Firmware Port

I'd love the versatility of being able to change my Blackbox into a completely different device at a whim like on the BitBox ver 1. I'm sure there are a ton of challenges involved in bringing those builds over to the BlackBox, but it would greatly increase the value of an instrument that's already shown me its worth after only a few days of use.

On a side note, a firmware selection screen might be a good thing to implement eventually. I know the BlackBox.bin file always has the same name, but if the fw options are expanded as I've suggested, this would save having to pop the SD into a computer between flashes.

Full support for this suggestion!!!

Comment

If Synthbox & FXbox work for Bitbox Mk2 which on the face of it is much like Blackbox but with more CV, then it seems it should work for Blackbox, both have midi inputs and outputs for finer control.

It would be interesting to know the hardware differences between Bitbox & Blackbox as I am actually working with many CV's and I am wondering if it would be worth swapping and therefore can I use the Bitbox for other purposes so I do not have any duplication if I additionally acquired a Bitbox mk2.

Comment

There is an fxbox and synthbox firmware for the Mk1 and the Mk2. You can download either from this forum.

Comment

• manonthelivingroad
          manonthelivingroad commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the post is regarding having the Fxbox/synthbox firmware inside the blackbox

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        There is an fxbox and synthbox firmware for the Mk1 and the Mk2. You can download either from this forum.
        Hi Steve, I think Lonzo5 is talking about having them running on the Blackbox.

You were talking about the Bitbox, right ?

You were talking about the Bitbox, right !?

(aka currently popular meme )

Comment

I would love to buy another 1010music machine in blackbox format but with FX box/Synth Box software capabilites

Comment

Hello,

I would love to try out those firmwares on the Blackbox!

Comment

Working...
            X