• Show
Clear All

• Future Customer
    replied
    Sounds good to me.

Leave a comment:

• Georges
    commented on 's reply
    There is a workaround to this, that is if you are willing to sacrifice the threshold feature: you can set rec quant to one bar or one 1/4. When you push stop, it will effectively stop at the next bar or quarter.

• lozzie
    replied
    +1 for this.

I can record clips of any bar length into ableton, then export them for the BB. They will playback and loop fine on the BB as long as I enter the correct beat count.

But I can't find a way to record a clip or sample directly into the BB unless it is 2,4,8,16,32,64 or 128 bars exactly.

Leave a comment:

• Georges
    commented on 's reply
    my post is about recording pads not seqs :-)

• OlivierOzoux
    replied
    I have a similar issue with the Sequencer. the mental gymnastic needed to convert a number of bars at a give resolution is a bit annoying, specially if you want to have multiple sequences of the same length but with different resolutions: 4 bars Chord progression at a 1/4th resolution + 4 bar Bassline at a 1/16th resolution, how quickly can you convert to the number of steps needed in each case?

As for the looper problem above, maybe a solution is to have the rcording length match the current Sequence length? AFAIK there is always an active sequence, and it makes a lot of sense to match your record duration to that.

Leave a comment:

• set recording bar length in steps of 1 bar instead of 2^n

Recording clips which have an atypical bar length (eg 5 bars) requires custom bar length.

* Good luck with pressing the stop or record button at the right moment with the custom setting.

* The 2^n bar length is convenient, that is as long as your clips are either 1, 2, 4 or 16 bars (etc) long.

* beat-grid snapping for trimming, if it existed, would probably allow to adjust such custom recordings, however, that would not be relevant in live or session/rehearsal situations.

Therefore, allowing to set recording bar length in steps of 1 bar instead of the current 2^n bars would make recording of such atypical clips far less tedious and much faster.
Working...
X