Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tylercorbley
    replied
    While on the subject, I think mute groups would be useful. I'm not sure how you would implement it, maybe another page with 16 mute groups in it. Use knobs to select which mute group to modify, info to next page to adjust which pads are in that group, back to return to the mute group page, and then tap to activate which mute group is active. Something along those lines.

Leave a comment:

• denizgarout
    replied
    +1 really cool ideas!

Leave a comment:

• chuckleone
    replied
    I was going to post a suggestion for a redesigned mix screen but I’ll add my $0.02 here since there’s already a thread...

I’d like to see the mix screen become more like a traditional mixer since that model is very user friendly and allows for multiple channel control by using just your fingertips.

1. set of touch faders, one for each sample similar to the velocity slider on the pads screen. Depending on the width of the sliders they could either be 2 rows of 8, 4 rows of 4 split up into 2 screens of 8 fader/mute/solo buttons similar to how the keys screen is designed with < > controls at the top to switch between the sets
    2. mute and solo buttons for each sample directly under the level slider, along with a color change for state - allows for fast muting with no menu diving. State of the mute is also shown on the pads screen as a color or opacity change to the pad
    3. FX sends for you each sample, like a standard multi ch mixer
    4. pan “knob” graphic ui along with a color change for when the state of the Pan is center
    5. buttons at the top for mute all, fade out all(automation) or other one shot type controls

The fader/slider could be a selectable UI object that when selected allows the right side knobs to control pan and FX send for the slot while still allowing the user to slide the fader or mute the slot with the touch screen.
    Last edited by chuckleone; 08-16-2020, 06:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• somelamp
    replied
    Oh wow, at first glance I thought "Eh, two mixing screens work fine," but I think this entire suggestion is brilliant. The use of all the knobs sounds intuitive, and I'd be glad to still be able to swipe across multiple pads to mute them. The multi-select function along with filter sweeping would be game changing.

Leave a comment:

• OlivierOzoux
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with being able to control the output gain, but IMHO that should be done in TOOLS where the current Phones volume control currently resides. We should really have separate OUT1, OUT2, OUT3, and Phones independent volume controls.

• Kebap Benzin
    replied
    A really useful thing in the mixer section would be a "select all" button.
    That way you could:

- Control the "master volume" of your Blackbox (there is currently no master volume). This would allow you to use the blackbox better without a mixer, for example in battery powered speaker jams where the regular outputs are pretty hot at their default value.

- Lower your overall mix when there are pads that are too low in the mix.
    Right now if there is a pad that is very low in the mix or just that your mix is getting too loud, it's very time consuming to lower the volume on all the individual mixpads.

Leave a comment:

• jaystitch
    replied
    Yes agree, I preferred having the mutes on its own page like on the prior firmware. Can we have a setting to either choose between Mix or Mute on the main page? Thanks Aaron

Leave a comment:

• Mach Fox
    replied
    +1
    this would be great live performance upgrade. I like to perform on those 2 mix pages and as they are i would prefer mute page first for my workflow. It is def a an area of ui to explore updates.

Leave a comment:

• Georges
    replied
    Mixer on two pages is ok, however, it could use a feature upgrade. Design consistency would have you push the mixer button twice though instead of the info button (cf keys)

Leave a comment:

• kraftf
    replied
    +1
    This is an awesome suggestion. Functionality of the touch screen would be really elevated.

Leave a comment:

• UI Suggestion: Combine MIX options into a single page

So, after testing using the BB in standalone live performance mode, I'm finding using two separate mix pages a little bit awkward. I understand why muting is on a separate page ( because muting competes with selecting the active pad to adjust volume and panning. But this also means the MIX page doesn't re-use some of the concepts that already exist in the PADS and SEQS page that also have the same UI and manage to combine selection and trigger mode in a single interface.

Suggestion:
    • Top/Left Encoder should control touchless navigation, just like PADS and SEQS
    • Tapping a Pad toggles the Mute state ( just like it toggles the play state in PADS or SEQS )
    • Muting/Un-Muting a pad should also update the selection
    • Left-Aligning the 4x4 grid would free space for action buttons on the right, just like the PADS and SEQS
    Some useful action buttons (in no particular order):
    • SEL to use as a modifier to select a pad without toggling ( would be useful in PADS and SEQS mode too! )
      bonus if we could select a bunch of pads to modify levels/pan all at once.
    • BEAT as a toggle to delay the muting to the next beat, instead of immediate ( with the usual white outline showing the pads are armed )
    • SOLO to mute everything except the selection(s)
    • RESET to bring the selected level and pan back to 0
    Because it's a great mix performance tool, at the same level as level and panning, I'd love to have one of the encoders mapped to the pad's filter as well. This would make the encoder mapping:
    • Top/Left: Selection
    • Bottom/Left: Level
    • Top/Right: Filter
    • Bottom/Right: Pan
    Finally, this frees up the INFO button to show the individual mapping of the selected pad, which should include:
    • Level: clone of the PADS settings
    • Panning: same type of modulation/mapping options as the level.
    • Muting: same
    • Filter: clone of the PADS settings
    This would allow an external controller complete control over the MIX section. As well as re-using all of the UX existing in the PADS and SEQS section.
Working...
X