Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OlivierOzoux
    replied
    Isn't that what the TOOLS "RecConfig" settings is supposed to control? Having per pad vs global record settings? ( in any case, +1 )

Leave a comment:

• dertranb
    replied
    Originally posted by Asconwe View Post
    More generally, if a pad is set to a specific pad type prior to recording and looping is set to on, rec to play should not coerce the pad to clip.

Perhaps in the new recording menu add a "pad type" option which lists the pad types, plus auto. When auto is selected, the pad type will be derived like it currently is. When a specific pad type is selected, then the pad type will remain as selected. In any case, when rec to play is on, the pad starts looping immediately following the completion of the recording. Quantization should also be optional in rec to play.
    yes, i agree. i think most users are recording clip, you would prefer gran, but i would prefer sample (well because of the trimming possibility, before becoming a clip sometimes... among other reasons). i think the LAST PAD TYPE OPTION with the derivation option may be a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Asconwe
    replied
    More generally, if a pad is set to a specific pad type prior to recording and looping is set to on, rec to play should not coerce the pad to clip.

Perhaps in the new recording menu add a "pad type" option which lists the pad types, plus auto. When auto is selected, the pad type will be derived like it currently is. When a specific pad type is selected, then the pad type will remain as selected. In any case, when rec to play is on, the pad starts looping immediately following the completion of the recording. Quantization should also be optional in rec to play.

Leave a comment:

• Asconwe
    started a topic Rec to play, granular

Rec to play, granular

Recording directly into a playing granular loop would be quite a bit of fun
Working...
X