Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi-sample recording is genius, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-sample recording is genius, but...

Not sure if these are bugs or missing features, but here we go:

Should there be a velocity range just like there is a note range? right now it seems that the velocity of layer 1 is 100, and extra layers are 100 /n
    I can think of a number of synths where something different happen at velocities above 100 ( 303 style accents for example )

Also, with a velocity range, it would be easier to capture the samples for the minimum velocity if the algo was the following:

1 layer = record the max velocity
    2 layers = record max velocity and min velocity
    2+ layers = record evenly spaced velocities between min and max

Since the matrix of velocity + notes quickly adds up ( and the load limit is 64 samples ), being precise when sampling velocities is probably important.

The other issue I see is that you can't name the file before recording, it's stuck to "name of the preset" but actually records directly in the root of the preset, without creating a folder first. this means you can only have a single recording per preset, since the files don't have a unique name per recording session. In my test, the files were named:

Code:
    Presets\Test 0004\
       -036-050.wav
       -036-100.wav
       -048-050.wav
       -048-100.wav
    which seems like a bug.

Also when recording it would be nice to have feedback showing the name of the file being recorded as well:

Recording 1 of 4: File-036-050.wav
    Recording 2 of 4: File-036-100.wav

Lastly, if your preset name is too long the velocity part of the filename is truncated, and files are recorded on top of each other.

Totally agree with the velocity range part. There are many synths that take advantage of the velocity above 100.

Comment

Press INFO on the Filename parameter in the Mx recording screen to change the name of the directory and wav files for a multisample. This filename can be different than the current preset. You can create multiple, uniquely named multisample sets in the same preset. I'm using 1.6.5 though this feature has been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Press INFO on the Filename parameter in the Mx recording screen to change the name of the directory and wav files for a multisample.
        Aaah! my bad. should have tried INFO.

I guess this is the first time you need to use INFO to open a menu item. It would be nice if tapping would also open that dialog, since this how a lot of other UI item work. this is the first one that didn't react to rotating the encoder or tapping, and I guess I should have tried pressing the INFO button next...

Comment

Working...
        X