Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEQUENCE Mode - "Midi In"-Selection

Hi,

I would suggest to implement a "MIDI IN" selection for sequences, so you can allow only one midi channel to be recorded in a certain sequence. (OR: to prevent signals from other channels to be recorded in a sequence).

This would make much sense in the case of a live setup, in which an external midi controller with sequencer function runs its own sequence playing BB pads.

Thanks in advance

yes indeed, i use ext sequencer that triggers BB pads, and it's really annoying that i can't rec when i play a multisample in the same time (because it records all the triggered pads TOO)

Comment

bump !

in order to be able to play and rec one specific pad while other pads are triggered but should not be recorded :
      1/ "/tools/midi in recording" option in the channel to be recorded : the bb should record omni OR channel x. (or per pad).

Comment

hi,

so i finally did the 174 update. i did not notice anything going wrong with this update. but there is still no possibility to filter midi channel to be rec. i'm really disappointed, i'm using the BB as drum expander, and then i can't play and record leads pads while the drums are triggered from external gear... neither with the touchscreen, nor some midi keyboard. very frustrating.

Comment

+1 This would be awesome. Same for MIDI import. It's a bit clunky to import all channels when only one is needed.

Comment

hi all,

i'm still a little disapointed about the fact that this midi in channel rec selection, (as said by the thread owner, heiningair) is still not possible. disapointed because 1010 is pretty good when midi is involved, whereas this midi channel rec selection seems to me to be a basic midi function...

b

Comment

Lots of really basic MIDI functionality missing! Definitely wouldn’t call this any sort of full fledged MIDI sequencer yet. +1 to this, unbelievable really. Architecture needs work

Comment

Did you try to use the MIDI In settings on the tools page? Select a specific channel for MIDI Pads or MIDI Keys. Then only that channel will trigger pads and keys. The default setting is OMNI which means it will respond to all channels. If this doesn't solve the problem, please explain what you want to do but can't.

Comment

• dertranb
                  dertranb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  hello c.,

i use the bb as a drum expander, meaning there is another sequencer/drum machine trigering some BB pads. ok pads are playing accordingly. but i don"t want to record them on the SEQ. but i want to record on SEQ some multisample or granular sample that i play on another midi controller. if i try to record the multisample or anything, all my pads trigged by the external seq are recorded too ! i think we need a specification of the midi channel that will be recorded. i think of something simple like a NEW tools pref that says : midi channel recorde-able : omni / x. (x can be 1 to 16). but it may be a smoother way (user friendly) to put this pref at the pads level...

hello c.,

i use the bb as a drum expander, meaning there is another sequencer/drum machine trigering some BB pads. ok pads are playing accordingly. but i don"t want to record them on the SEQ. but i want to record on SEQ some multisample or granular sample that i play on another midi controller. if i try to record the multisample or anything, all my pads trigged by the external seq are recorded too ! i think we need a specification of the midi channel that will be recorded. i think of something simple like a NEW tools pref that says : midi channel recorde-able : omni / x. (x can be 1 to 16). but it may be a smoother way (user friendly) to put this pref at the pads level...

Comment

christine,

i rode this morning the new manual you made, recently (?). that's a very good work, very helpful and pretty smart and clear. about this "midi in" selection "issue" of mine : i may have found how to describe it, meaning, what i would REALLY appreciate & that would be a game changing in my workflow : if i understand well, my biggest problems, at this point, would be fixed if there was another option, i added it at the end : a channel midi in selection at SEQ CELL level, as there is already an option of the midi channel out selection of each cell.

:Click image for larger version  Name:	midi in seq2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	192.9 KB ID:	23082

Comment

• Steve
                    Steve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This has been requested and is on our wish list of updates. I agree it would be useful. Thanks for posting.

thanks steve !

Comment

Working...
                  X