Clear All

• dertranb
    replied
    (bb is on 17f)

Leave a comment:

• dertranb
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidM View Post
    I can do this with Blackbox 1.7f firmware update.
    I set the midi of the pad that I am going to write a sequence with to whatever channel I want, if you want more pads , set the same midi channel in each one.
    - the manual says if the tools/global/midi is set to Omni then the pad settings take preference over the Global.
    so then when all other channels play, the channel I have set for that specific pad will only play with that midi channel from external input.
    then I write sequences with only those channels and keys

is that want your asking ?
    thanks for your help/input, but sorry, i may not fully understand what you describe : if those channels and keys is meaning "every sound you hear is recorded", well that is exactly something i DONT want... my problem : i want to record one pad sequences that i play with my midi keyboard, on channel X, while other pads are been triggered (on other midi channel) / are playing WITHOUT been recorded (since there are drumbrute dependant). it seems that steve acknowledged this problemn so i think there is no workaround at this point

as also You can import midi to a sequence via SEQS's edit box import.
    not applicable here, jam/improv oriented music

On the other hand, If you are saying that you want to jam playing premade sequences in Blackbox triggering them with a select-able Midi channel and your own chosen CC's then
    no, i am NOT speaking about sequences launching/dealing, but about the BB been able to play several pads, but only record one.
    yes I would like that too !!!
    as Sequeces are being triggered by notes on by my keyboard when I play them even when I don't want them to be played.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    replied
    +1 for this, and I would add a "MIDI CTL" choice on the type of PAD menu that would relieve us from having to load a blank sample when we want to to sequence external gear

If the way the firmware is designed does need a sample to be loaded : the firmware itself should provide and load an empty sample and remove it when selecting an actual sample type PAD.

Leave a comment:

• DavidM
    replied
    I can do this with Blackbox 1.7f firmware update.
    I set the midi of the pad that I am going to write a sequence with to whatever channel I want, if you want more pads , set the same midi channel in each one.
    - the manual says if the tools/global/midi is set to Omni then the pad settings take preference over the Global.
    so then when all other channels play, the channel I have set for that specific pad will only play with that midi channel from external input.
    then I write sequences with only those channels and keys

is that want your asking ?

as also You can import midi to a sequence via SEQS's edit box import.

On the other hand, If you are saying that you want to jam playing premade sequences in Blackbox triggering them with a select-able Midi channel and your own chosen CC's then

yes I would like that too !!!
    as Sequeces are being triggered by notes on by my keyboard when I play them even when I don't want them to be played.

Leave a comment:

• dertranb
    replied
    thanks steve !

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    This has been requested and is on our wish list of updates. I agree it would be useful. Thanks for posting.

• dertranb
    replied
    christine,

i rode this morning the new manual you made, recently (?). that's a very good work, very helpful and pretty smart and clear. about this "midi in" selection "issue" of mine : i may have found how to describe it, meaning, what i would REALLY appreciate & that would be a game changing in my workflow : if i understand well, my biggest problems, at this point, would be fixed if there was another option, i added it at the end : a channel midi in selection at SEQ CELL level, as there is already an option of the midi channel out selection of each cell.

:Click image for larger version  Name:	midi in seq2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	192.9 KB ID:	23082

Leave a comment:

• dertranb
    commented on 's reply
    hello c.,

i use the bb as a drum expander, meaning there is another sequencer/drum machine trigering some BB pads. ok pads are playing accordingly. but i don"t want to record them on the SEQ. but i want to record on SEQ some multisample or granular sample that i play on another midi controller. if i try to record the multisample or anything, all my pads trigged by the external seq are recorded too ! i think we need a specification of the midi channel that will be recorded. i think of something simple like a NEW tools pref that says : midi channel recorde-able : omni / x. (x can be 1 to 16). but it may be a smoother way (user friendly) to put this pref at the pads level...

• dertranb
    replied
    hello c.,

i use the bb as a drum expander, meaning there is another sequencer/drum machine trigering some BB pads. ok pads are playing accordingly. but i don"t want to record them on the SEQ. but i want to record on SEQ some multisample or granular sample that i play on another midi controller. if i try to record the multisample or anything, all my pads trigged by the external seq are recorded too ! i think we need a specification of the midi channel that will be recorded. i think of something simple like a NEW tools pref that says : midi channel recorde-able : omni / x. (x can be 1 to 16). but it may be a smoother way (user friendly) to put this pref at the pads level...

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    Did you try to use the MIDI In settings on the tools page? Select a specific channel for MIDI Pads or MIDI Keys. Then only that channel will trigger pads and keys. The default setting is OMNI which means it will respond to all channels. If this doesn't solve the problem, please explain what you want to do but can't.

Leave a comment:

• Villainmedia
    replied
    Lots of really basic MIDI functionality missing! Definitely wouldn’t call this any sort of full fledged MIDI sequencer yet. +1 to this, unbelievable really. Architecture needs work

Leave a comment:

• dertranb
    replied
    hi all,

i'm still a little disapointed about the fact that this midi in channel rec selection, (as said by the thread owner, heiningair) is still not possible. disapointed because 1010 is pretty good when midi is involved, whereas this midi channel rec selection seems to me to be a basic midi function...

b

Leave a comment:

• Lonzo5
    replied
    +1 This would be awesome. Same for MIDI import. It's a bit clunky to import all channels when only one is needed.

Leave a comment:

• dertranb
    replied
    hi,

so i finally did the 174 update. i did not notice anything going wrong with this update. but there is still no possibility to filter midi channel to be rec. i'm really disappointed, i'm using the BB as drum expander, and then i can't play and record leads pads while the drums are triggered from external gear... neither with the touchscreen, nor some midi keyboard. very frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• dertranb
    replied
    bump !

in order to be able to play and rec one specific pad while other pads are triggered but should not be recorded :
    1/ "/tools/midi in recording" option in the channel to be recorded : the bb should record omni OR channel x. (or per pad).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X