Slide/nudge notes off the grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide/nudge notes off the grid

This one should be easy and would really be great with the knob that is already assigned to move notes left and right on the grid. Zoom in for finer resolution nudging. Selecting all notes for this function would also be ideal.

What you’re requesting sounds similar to what Elektron refers to as micro timing, or µTime.

One way to pull this off today with bb could be to re-sample a kick or whatever with some silence up front.
    dial in micro timing by tweaking the length of that silence.
    this would save on from having to apply the settings to a bunch up kicks if you wanted them all to carry the same timing.
    alternatively, sample the kick like 5 times with a bunch of silence in between. Then use the slicer to dial in different micro timings per kick and spread out differently micro timed kicks throughout the pattern

Comment

Originally posted by shankiphonic View Post
      What you’re requesting sounds similar to what Elektron refers to as micro timing, or µTime.

One way to pull this off today with bb could be to re-sample a kick or whatever with some silence up front.
      dial in micro timing by tweaking the length of that silence.
      this would save on from having to apply the settings to a bunch up kicks if you wanted them all to carry the same timing.
      alternatively, sample the kick like 5 times with a bunch of silence in between. Then use the slicer to dial in different micro timings per kick and spread out differently micro timed kicks throughout the pattern
      Appreciate the work around a but would prefer it as a function in the sequencer and I know a lot of folks that want groove like this because I have seen request for being able to turn quantize off.

The other work around is to to crank the quantize setting down to 1/64 and crank up the length of sequence to compensate. But still not as fine of resolution and groove as being completely off the grid.

Comment

Originally posted by j3threejay View Post
        Appreciate the work around a but would prefer it as a function
        sure np.
        that why I wrote - it's a "way to pull this off today".
        Product behavior may or may not change - either way, I'll bet you a kombucha it won't be today.

Comment

Originally posted by shankiphonic View Post

sure np.
          that why I wrote - it's a "way to pull this off today".
          Product behavior may or may not change - either way, I'll bet you a kombucha it won't be today.
          Always appreciate those creative ideas!

Comment

Working...
          X