Ability to record Automation !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to record Automation !

I think for a modern machine it should be an important and really useful addition to the blackbox, the ability to record changes of pitch, filter, reverb... to give life to loops. For example on the OP-Z it’s so useful and it’s the same price tag... please 1010 ear me

In the meantime you can resample yourself performing the automation using resample as source on the recorder.

You can also set some record quantization to give yourself time to jump to the screen you want to tweak the parameters on.

LFOs and automation would be awesome indeed though.

Comment

• Saurian Melodies
      Saurian Melodies commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t like that kind of workflow it’s unmusical and remember me device from 15 years ago...

• jayneural
      jayneural commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully the actual automation feature will come to the firmware someday. It's one of the most requested.

• Saurian Melodies
      Editing a comment
      I really hope to see that coming soon. But right now the debugging of the beta will be the most important thing to achieve for 1010 team !

Another workaround automation is using velocity as a modulation source, you can actually record velocity on the sequencer and with the new update you can even edit it per step. You can assign velocity to any of the parameters that accept modulation.

Comment

• denizgarout
      denizgarout commented
      Editing a comment
      thats creative havent tried that yet

• jayneural
      jayneural commented
      Editing a comment
      haven't dug into that yet, pretty interesting.

+1 for parameter locks (automation) or LFO

But Saurian Melodies, resampling on bb is breeze and reminds me the OP-1 lift and album functions, it is really useable workflow. Believe me, I have OP-Z and I love it and I also disliked resampling on bb at first Resampling here is just recording, I use it for recording parts of the songs I want to pitch shift up or down in Clip mode or to use Granular or Slice to get something sonically different, It's a mix of tape and performance effects on OP-Z but with different approach. OK, it's not that powerful but it is worth trying.

Comment

• Saurian Melodies
      Editing a comment
      I know that way to do... but for live purpose It’s not useful at all, I need that directly on the fly to tweak my basic loop during live and to be able to undo it, I use to do performances with other musicians and I need these automation things ! Right now that’s why I’ve never used it for live purpose because it’s too linear... just use it for my rhythmic bases and the op-z do all the organic job, I would like to only use the blackbox because technically it’s enough powerful to do such things...

+1 .......

Comment

+++++++++++1

Comment

Hi +1+1+1+1+1+1+1........

Comment

btw can I add: Please also record automation that can be sent out via midi. When I play an external synth through BB using a Midi keyboard and I record a sequence I want to perform with my pitch wheel and want the sequence to record that and keep sending that pitch wheel automation to my external synth when the sequence is playing. That would be amazing thx

Comment

Working...
          X