+1

Leave a comment:

• arteom
    replied
    +1 on this

Leave a comment:

• icekickey
    replied
    +1 Or various ways in which conditionality and probability could interact within SEQS. The Stochas sequencer software has fun logic conditions that would great to emulate

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    replied
    Very cool stuff ! +1

Leave a comment:

• shankiphonic
    replied
    I'm pretty sure there's at least one other thread that's wishing for this, but I'm happy to glom on here as well, as I'm a huge supporter of this feature.

This is referred to as A:B conditionality in some circles.
    There's a solid line between probability and conditionality. The blackbox offers probability right now - it's x% probable that a note will play.
    Conditionality is different from probability in that every time the sequence "play head" passes over a note/event - the play condition of the note is either true or false.

In blackbox speak, I think it would boil down as follows
    a note or event only plays when it's condition is true.

With A:B conditionality, A sets how many times the sequence plays before the note/event play condition is true. B sets how many times the sequence plays before the count is reset and starts over again. This cycle then repeats until you stop the sequencer.

For example:
    With the setting 1:2, the note/event play condition is true the first time the sequence plays and then the third, the fifth, and so on.
    With the setting 2:2, the note/event play condition is true the second time the sequence plays and then the fourth, the sixth, and so on.
    With the setting 2:4, the note/event play condition is true the second time the sequence plays and then the sixth, the tenth, and so on.
    With the setting 4:7 the note/event play condition is true the fourth time the sequence plays and then the eleventh, the eighteenth, and so on.

//
    This could be super powerful with multiple active sequences of different lengths.
    I get confused with the difference between polyrhythm and polymeter... it's poly something!

Leave a comment:

• Addition to the probability - repeatable variations

One thing I really enjoy and use all the time on my Deluge in the probability is to set a repeatable probability.

i.e.: 1 of 4 - this would mean it would play the 1st time out of every four. You would have options like 2 of 4..... then so on (then 2 of 2 and whatnot)

This really allows (especially for drums) to create repeatable variations that make a 1 bar loop to sound like a 4 bar with the repeatable variations.

Hope that make sense.
Working...
X