Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scrubbing feature for sample playback and possibly make it a new mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrubbing feature for sample playback and possibly make it a new mode.

To be able to jump the play head to wherever you touch on the wave form. Super convenient, if you want to archive whole songs on the BB and skip around long/full song samples during playback. (it is possible to fine-scrub the playhead from that position by using the knobs, perhaps).
    I ask for this because I often find myself using the BB as an 'instant playback' machine of my vinyl collection for sampling them into other samplers.

Furthermore, it would be cool if the sample keeps looping for x-amount of bars/time from the place you held your finger down, as long as you keep the finger on the screen. (loop length could be adjusted from Info-Pos or Misc screen perhaps). This could have very interesting implications for live purposes.

The feature above perhaps can be added as default behavior for the Sample mode OR even be its own mode: "Tape head mode", "Scrubbing mode", etc.

I love this idea. I can imagine this working best in an updated granular mode.

Comment

could lead to some very fun dj scratching.. I'd enjoy that! depends on how responsive the touchscreen is mind

Comment

Working...
      X