Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonzo5
    commented on 's reply
    Didn't see your original post. I gave it a plus one though. I think this feature would make a big difference.

• Georges
    replied
    https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...-pads-and-seqs

Leave a comment:

• softroom
    replied
    Originally posted by emji_herara View Post

I also would like this. But wondering if there'd be space for it? Obviously it shouldn't go at the expense of cutting out a letter - which help also a lot with knowing what each pad stands for.
    Absolutely - no need for that. Colour/shade/flashing could easily handle the job. However I would happily cut out the 'wav' that appears when you use shorter pad names. Just looks untidy.

Leave a comment:

• pieter3d
    commented on 's reply
    The colour could indicate the type of pad (similar to how the mutes page indicates muted pads). That way you don't loose any space.

• emji_herara
    replied
    Originally posted by softroom View Post
    I'd love to be able to see, from the main panel, what type each pad is - i.e. whether they trigger samples, clips, slices etc.. Also, I'd dearly love to know whether my finger presses have been acknowledged right away. Often, with a very long release time, I'm waiting around wondering why a loop or one-shot hasn't ended yet, only to realise my touch has been missed. Maybe if it flashed during release and the various types were colour-coded, that would make things clearer.
    I also would like this. But wondering if there'd be space for it? Obviously it shouldn't go at the expense of cutting out a letter - which help also a lot with knowing what each pad stands for.

Leave a comment:

• softroom
    replied
    I'd love to be able to see, from the main panel, what type each pad is - i.e. whether they trigger samples, clips, slices etc.. Also, I'd dearly love to know whether my finger presses have been acknowledged right away. Often, with a very long release time, I'm waiting around wondering why a loop or one-shot hasn't ended yet, only to realise my touch has been missed. Maybe if it flashed during release and the various types were colour-coded, that would make things clearer.

Leave a comment:

• andy801
    replied
    +1
    Would be absolutely helpful. At least a minimal number of pixel images (like drum, bass, brass, sfx) would be helpful.
    ATM some of my pad's name looks like this: RC0023, RC0043, RC00027, KV_U, VA_3...
    And it is a bit hard to remember what actually inside

Leave a comment:

• Lonzo5
    started a topic Pad Icons, Color-Coding and Renaming

Pad Icons, Color-Coding and Renaming

I think an expandable set of drum/sample/groovebox-themed icons that you could select for each pad would be an awesome addition, which would make the interface more intuitive and allow for more effortless creativity when it comes to building kits. I picture something very simple, like a 32x32 black and white jpeg image which would allow the user to import their own pixel art icons as desired, and be color-coded based on the individual pad color as described below.

I think color-coding would lend itself to the creative flow of the device, and also allow for the user to create corresponding patches on their external finger-drumming device (in my case, I have an MPD 226).

Lastly, renaming/simplifying pad names is a no-brainer, as the hits in many sample packs start with the same file name, sometimes leaving you with 16 pads with exactly the same tag. Being able to label the pads as BD, CHH, SN1, etc. would allow for greater uniformity between patches, and make it easy to identify non-conventional samples within a kit.
Working...
X