• Show
Clear All

• 8 by 8 grid step sequencer view for drums

Click image for larger version

Name:	blackBoxStepView.png
Views:	107
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	23891

It would be amazing if a new view type was added to the keys button.

A 8x8 step sequencer view on the keys button next to keys and pad.

It would allow to view and edit 32 steps of a single pad at a time and the size of the buttons would allow for a much easier touch compared to the view with all the pads and 16 steps.

Thanks for considering this enhancement into an already amazing device.

Yes!!!! I have tiny fingers and even trying to get notes entered properly in the current sequencer takes many tries. A larger sized sequencer like this would be awesome. I'd even take a 16 step sequencer with a toggle to pick different measures to make it even larger

Comment

I absolutely love this idea. I hope it would be easy to implement since we already have this kind of view in the gate sequencer of the toolbox.
      Maybe the steps could have a square size so that we have space for two virtual faders/sliders on the right side for velocity and probability. So in edit mode we could just select an event and set velocity and probability for this step with the two onscreen sliders (and/or one of the knobs).

Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Originally posted by nuemerik View Post
        Yes!!!! I have tiny fingers and even trying to get notes entered properly in the current sequencer takes many tries. A larger sized sequencer like this would be awesome. I'd even take a 16 step sequencer with a toggle to pick different measures to make it even larger
        It would be nice to be able to chose diferent grids for sure.If resizing is to much work I would vote for 8 by 8 because it seems to be a nice balance between size and amount of steps on the same row, same as many devices like Machine Jam, Push, akai Force, Circuit...

Originally posted by nuemerik View Post
        I absolutely love this idea. I hope it would be easy to implement since we already have this kind of view in the gate sequencer of the toolbox.
        Maybe the steps could have a square size so that we have space for two virtual faders/sliders on the right side for velocity and probability. So in edit mode we could just select an event and set velocity and probability for this step with the two onscreen sliders (and/or one of the knobs).
        Nice idea too!

I have made a little screenshot of how it could look like. I also added the 4 slots on the top right which would be the rest of the pages if the sequence has more than 32 steps. The black boxes would only appear depending on the length that the sequence is set to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blackBoxStepView3.png
Views:	47
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	23949

Comment

+1 for this great idea!

Comment

Working...
          X