Sequencer "zoom"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequencer "zoom"

I know, that it´s possible to change the resolution of the sequencer and get, for example, 16th instead of 8th. But I really like the feature of the deluge to "zoom" into the sequence and add some trigs. In this case, the tempo of the sequence stays the same and the trigs stay at their place, but it´s possible to add some triggers between these trigs. It would be great to have such a feature on the blackbox (or is there already a workaround for this?).

if you want finer resolution you need to update the step length of that sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by shankiphonic View Post
      if you want finer resolution you need to update the step length of that sequence.
      the problem with doing that is it also effectively shortens the sequence. For example if you have 32 step sequence with step length of 1 bar, you have a 32 bar sequence. If you change step length to 1/2 bar you now effectively have a 16 bar sequence.

What I think would be really cool and useful is to keep the length but break up steps into multiples. So for example to take those 1 bar steps and break them up into 1/4 bar steps, changing the length of the step without effecting the length of the sequence.

Comment

• shankiphonic
        shankiphonic commented
        Editing a comment
        I understand the behavior, and I agree your suggestions would be nice.
        Yes it’s disappointing when I have laid down an idea, and then I realize I want to change the timing, some rework is then needed.
        If I’m not mistaken, the Deluge is really the novelty when it comes to this functionality. If you double or halve the time on an Elektron box, the preexisting events, or trigs, stay exactly where they were also.

I listened to something of yours on SoundCloud not long ago. Good stuff.

• arteom
        arteom commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks shankiphonic, glad to hear you enjoyed what you heard.

Originally posted by arteom View Post

What I think would be really cool and useful is to keep the length but break up steps into multiples. So for example to take those 1 bar steps and break them up into 1/4 bar steps, changing the length of the step without effecting the length of the sequence.
      This would be perfect!

Comment

Agreed, this is desperately needed.

Comment

Working...
        X