Pitch Shift Per Slice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitch Shift Per Slice

As per the title, most of the samplers that I've used, even the 'advanced' ones like the Octatrack, do not have a proper independent pitch shift for an individual slice. They usually do one or the other (either pitch shifting a single slice to be played as a melodic instrument OR pitch shifting a whole set of slices) but not both together (i.e. slice samples and then pitch shift the individual slices). The OP-1 does it in Drum Sampler mode, but the pitched slices are not time-stretched and they don't sound fantastic. I've tried and hacked a system on the BB, using a pad for each individual slice, but it's too limiting to be useful.

I'm just wondering if anyone here as a use for this apart from me? Or is it too much of a niche functionality? I'd LOVE for the BB to be able to do this; it would open up a lot of fun uses for it.

Fun uses such as?

Comment

Taking a line of dialogue / acapella and turning it into a melodic phrase. Using instrument samples and changing the melodic direction. Stuff like that.

Comment

+1 for this feature request.

I love using Rex files in the Logic EXS Sampler and it has this feature, as well as being able to assign a different output to each of the slices.
        I mainly use it for pitching kicks, snares and hats separately in sliced drum breaks and then grouping the kicks to one output, snares another, etc.

Comment

+1. This would also mitigate (a little) the desire for more than 16 slots.
          Anyone have any success using the LFO on pitch to get some pitch shift for the duration of only the individual slices you want to effect? Seems tricky when they are sequenced.

Comment

I would like this, would be cool when chopping old funk breaks. I like change the pitch of individual snares etc

Comment

Definite bump!

Comment

+1 this would give me lots of cool options!

Comment

Working...
                X