No announcement yet.

more cc controllable parameters, continuous monitoring + external start stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more cc controllable parameters, continuous monitoring + external start stop

Hi there,

After working with the blackbox for a few months in preparation for some live sets, I've discovered a few features that would be great that I'm sure others would appreciate.

I bought a Korg Nanokontrol 2 controller wanting to control the levels of the pads as well as using the pots and sliders to add delay and reverb to sounds on the fly and control more than one at a time. Due to the limited number of cc controllable elements this isn't currently possible. It would also be great to be able to assign the mutes on the controller to control the pads rather than having to navigate to the mutes page through the mixing page.

Also I tend to use the monitoring function not only for when preparing to record something, but also as a way of monitoring external instruments during the set all the time without ever recording it - once you switch out of the recording menu, you lost the monitor so you either have to commit or you can't control any other functions such as filter, fx etc.

In essence, these two requests really go hand in hand as if you had one - you might not need the other!

Lastly, I've seen a few other people ask for this but external start stop would be great as getting multiple machines to play together is always tricky but the work around is clunky at the moment. Thanks for your hard work on this box. It's really incredible and super powerful already, these changes from the community are just a nice addition

A

Originally posted by Assemblercode View Post
    once you switch out of the recording menu, you lost the monitor
    You can actually keep the monitoring going. But you need to go into the recording menu once and activate it at the bottom of the list (Rec Mon: On).

- Having CC control over the FX sends from each pad would be great, I agree.

Comment

• Assemblercode
      Assemblercode commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah great, thanks for the info - the menus are deceptively deep although they often seem fairly basic on first look!

I think another great option in terms of monitoring would be to pick your favourite settings: length, channel, levels etc - they seem to reset after each capture. When recording from my modular for instance, I often use the same settings but have to reset them by hand each time which kind of kills the flow when jamming
Working...
X