Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual output levels

Hi,
    I’d love to be able to see the output levels of the samples or the master output level similar to the way I can see the input level. Maybe show output levels on the mix page per pad and master levels.
    the reason is that it’s hard to prepare the bb for a live show. I’m spending quite some time soundchecking because I can only level out the different samples by ear at home. When you play them at a big venue though you can really get surprised by the different loudness of different samples.
    I guess a “normalizing” function could also help.
    id love to just see a l\r meter for the master and the pads to see how much db each sample is. That would give me a better overview.
    what do you think? How do you mix 16 different pads of different sample packs live?

You can normalize samples before loading them on to the BB. That way it's all relative to the same level. I never use that many sounds though and also run everything through other gear where I have more mixing tools (including VU meters). Otherwise I use theoretical knowledge (e.g. 3 sounds with overlapping frequency content in the same position in the stereo field won't work well) and mostly just mix by ear.

Comment

Yes please Visual Output levels...

I was thinking how it would be nice to have a "meter mode" where the velocity is shown on the pads page.
      Option to show Out 1, Out 2, Out 3 or HP on the Pads page.

Normalization would be a nice bonus as well...

pieter3d I use mine all over and sometimes when working in noisier places and live sampling - it would be great to "normalize" on the fly. Sometimes this would be greatly welcomed outside the studio so to speak.

Comment

Working...
      X