Looping missing features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1

My workaround for the custom bar length is to just set the rec length to 128 bars (which I often don't hit). You can still stop the recording at a custom length either by MIDI message or by hitting REC on the Blackbox. But yes to more fluid live looping

Comment

• Georges
      Georges commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a great workaround for one-handed performances or pre-sequenced ones, though when live recording a two-handed performance it ain’t practical. Another use case where it remains impractical is when threshold’s on, for that deactivates quantized deactivation of recording.

Originally posted by Affectionate-Bee View Post
    +1

My workaround for the custom bar length is to just set the rec length to 128 bars (which I often don't hit). You can still stop the recording at a custom length either by MIDI message or by hitting REC on the Blackbox. But yes to more fluid live looping
    Clever workaround! Can the stopping be quantized or do you have to be accurate with the rec button?

Comment

Originally posted by Affectionate-Bee View Post
      +1

Yes, I also tried this but using any bar length yields CLIP mode necessarily... and this mode is not very tweakable as Granular or Slice!

My wish is that we would be able to record any loop lenght and to play them instantaneously in Gran or Slice modes, with pre-setted Granular/LFO/Reverse parameters!

Comment

Georges I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the two-handed performance. If you are using 'custom' record length, then you will have to stop the recording manually somehow. Using 128 bar length allows you to stop it manually and then enter clip mode as opposed to sample mode. But yes, I am all for more control over looping/sampling!

And interesting about threshold mode, I've never used it and can't imagine a use case in my setup for it.

rev-eng it quantizes it, I believe at whatever resolution 'rec quant' is set to.

valeriodaniele absolutely! I prefer the other modes over clips too. This is the only way I've found to get live looping out of a custom-length sample without having to go in and change the settings right after recording.
        Super +1 to the ability to pre-define PAD settings before recording (like a baby version of Octatrack's flex machines). Using the new MIDI rec messages feature and multiple PADS, you could go sooo many places with this

Comment

• Georges
          Georges commented
          Editing a comment
          Two-handed performance = two hands on keys or whatever other instrument = no free hand to push the record button to stop recording. Threshold is useful for audio recording of externally sequenced performances.

+1 from me too. I've already asked for this a year or two ago in fact and I'm still waiting. It's the most important missing feature for a guy like me and so easy to implement. Please 1010! Plleeeaaaasssseeeee

Comment

Thank you for supporting Ademali!
          I really hope that 1010 Team is listening... these two features would be a giant step for us working live on loops!
          Last edited by valeriodaniele; 05-19-2022, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X