Mute per Midi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mute per Midi

Add option to set pads on mute via Midi. Would enhance (live) performance by reducing switching around between different menues on the blackbox.

I'd love that too! i use mute way too often and it's a few too many clicks to get there always. midi implementation could help with that

Comment

+1
      I often wish for this.

Comment

+1
        bb's midi learn is such a great thing !

Comment

+1.. would help out with the rather limited 16 sequences per project for me

Comment

this would be great on bitbox too!!!

Comment

that would completely make this machine literally perfect for my needs. working with 8 bar loops in trigger mode i always have to wait the full 8 bars to ,,mute/unmute aka trigger/not-trigger'' them. with adding midi mutes i could have them always running triggered and flexibly unmute/mute them when needed at any point! so +1000 from my side! )

Comment

I understand it’s not exactly the same, but you can control level over midi, and thus zero out the level over midi, effectively muting the pad. No good?

Comment

Hi shankiphonic,
                  thanks for your suggestion.

Mute would allow to unmute, hence bringing back the sound with its original level. If levels were remote controlled by MIDI, such function would be lost, because there is no way of knowing where the level was before it was turned down.

As long as the blackbox does not provide a readout of values to external equipment, it is impossible to even program a mute workaround via MIDI.

Comment

Yep that's the big problem here, i just wonder if this will ever be possible or if there are ,,higher'' reasons that speak completely against it.

Comment

+1
                      Being able to mute pads via MIDI would be great!

Comment

+1
                        We need this function!
                        Since the function is already there ( in the mixer tab u can mute/unmute pads) we need a way to access it via midi.
                        the blackbox really comes to fruits when used with a midicontroller, but sadly there are lot of functiions not available as midi yet.
                        So here is another shoutout to the devs, thx for this aweesome box and please add this and other midi functions!

Comment

Is there any feedback if this would ever be a possible feature, or is it generally not doable because of some reasons related to the software?

Comment

+1 Mute via midi is a must!

Comment

This, and most things are possible. We definitely hear you.

Comment

Working...
                              X