Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Momentary REVERSE or KILLSWITCH on a Pad, assignable to any other pad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentary REVERSE or KILLSWITCH on a Pad, assignable to any other pad.

Something that would be amazing would be the ability to assign a Pad to be a Momentary REVERSE or KILLSWITCH. So, instead of loading a WAV file, you could choose to assign a "function" to any particular (unused) pad. It would be epic to have a pad assigned that would Reverse the audio (or maybe the Drum pads), ONLY when the Pad is being pressed (momentary). It could also serve as a KILLSWITCH (or momentary Mute) whatever pads are selected in the Info menu. The Clock is still going the whole time, so when the finger lifts, the sound is as it would be had nothing been touched.

For the Info screen for that pad, there would be a list of the pad that use WAV or samples. The user could check any or all of the other Pads that the REVERSE or KILLSWITCH would engage. The Reverse/Killswitch could be a toggle.

Imagine having a pad that Reversed the drums, which muting everything else, or vice versa. Also, a "function" pad could be any sort of thing too down the line, like a FREEZE, a LOW_PASS Filter function or effects like a PHASER (which would sound nice for drum fills).
    Resident DJ at MEOW WOLF
    astrofreq.com

To expand on this, it would be a great option to use the REC button as an assignable function. I don't use the REC button at all in my workflow, so giving it other uses would be helpful.
    Resident DJ at MEOW WOLF
    astrofreq.com

Comment

have you experimented with EXCL groups? you can configure a killswitch this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        have you experimented with EXCL groups? you can configure a killswitch this way.
        No, I haven't. I just found that in the manual and trying things on my BB. I'm not figuring it out yet. Any tips?
        Resident DJ at MEOW WOLF
        astrofreq.com

Comment

only a single pad in a group plays at once. So if you assign several pads to the same group - triggering one will automatically choke the others in the same group. so you can assign all 16 to a group and use a single pad to kill them all.

Comment

That's not really what I'm wanting if it isn't momentary and I still want other pads going. I'm thinking more along the lines of a Tesi arcade kill switch button, but in Pad form on the Blackbox. This way I can literally kill the sound for a split second if wanted.
            Resident DJ at MEOW WOLF
            astrofreq.com

Comment

Yes, that is a bit different.

Comment

Working...
              X