Granular synthesis capabilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granular synthesis capabilities

Hi, I hope to be a future owner of a blackbox, in the meanwhile, I could suggest some granular synthesis parameters in a future firmware update, like sample scanning, loop points, reverse and backwards playback in a really tiny section of a sample, variable loopspeed (so you could use single cycle waveforms!) loop softening (for no clipping), maybe no need to be a fully fledged granular synthesizer (and that would be really awesome), but maybe you could play with some parameteres to make something similar, like the digitakt, which can handle small amounts of samples so you can almost fake a granular synthesizer.

thanks!

(btw, one of the many uses I'll be doing, is the blackbox as a portable mellotron FTW)

Thanks very much for the suggestion. We will add it to our list.

Comment

I second this. Some Granular action would be an amazing addition.

Comment

I third this

Comment

I believe blackbox can already do this part: "loop points, reverse and backwards playback in a really tiny section of a sample" using a Sample mode cell. We can add the other ideas for future consideration.

Comment

I back this big time. 4 voice polyphonic granular sampler with grain, density, and playhead control. Be amazing if it could be real-time as well. Please consider this above any other “synth” style voice you were considering to add.

Thanks!

Comment

Been experimenting and I don’t even think we need an entire granular engine, at least play head in and out control via midi and over the sequencer would allow users to scrub short loops that sound very granular. If you added Grain and density that would be amazing - but this could be a simpler solution.

Comment

Originally posted by lancedrake View Post
                Been experimenting and I don’t even think we need an entire granular engine, at least play head in and out control via midi and over the sequencer would allow users to scrub short loops that sound very granular. If you added Grain and density that would be amazing - but this could be a simpler solution.
                I really like the idea of live playhead scrubbing (and loop start and end points) via midi or via internal modulation like LFOs or the knobs while on the pads screen or other screens as a modulation source as suggested elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by lancedrake View Post
                  I back this big time. 4 voice polyphonic granular sampler with grain, density, and playhead control. Be amazing if it could be real-time as well. Please consider this above any other “synth” style voice you were considering to add.
                  Having granular with grain, density, and playhead control would be amazing! It would certainly send the BB off in an amazingly creative sampling direction. Short of Tasty Chip's GR1 there really isn't another hardware sampler capable of granular synthesis on the market.
                  Last edited by Jack Pimiento; 06-05-2019, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X