FX per track...any plans for more fx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX per track...any plans for more fx?

hi all just wanted to know if there is any plans to bring in fx per track and/or more global fx? Cheers

We are still gathering requests on this new release. What type of effects would you like to see?

Comment

I'd like to see distortion/overdrive, bitcrushing, and various filters.

Comment

As above but idealy reverb and delay per track or parameter lockable.
        yes some fx on a track level rather than global would be huge!!!
        Or a live performance mode where you could designate fx to a knob or xy pad style...for instant fx hits?

Comment

Thanks all. I've logged these requests in our list.

Comment

Complete control of Compressor settings and the option to assign the Compressor to individual Pads... and if you really want to get crazy: Sidechain

Comment

Originally posted by Fess Grandiose View Post
              Complete control of Compressor settings and the option to assign the Compressor to individual Pads... and if you really want to get crazy: Sidechain
              Yes to sidechain!

Comment

I've logged sidechaining and compressor per pad. We will consider it for a future release. We need to lock down 1.0 and get it stable.

Comment

Any plans for an LFO?

Comment

Originally posted by IanPatrick View Post
                    Any plans for an LFO?
                    LFO has come up a number of times. It's on our feature wishlist. We'll see if we can squeeze into a future release.

Comment

I figure this is the thread for fx we would like to see, so......

beat repeat /stutter - be great if this could be programmable in sequence view but also if you could make some way to do it in real time

distortion/overdrive/bit crusher - the first 2 are similar and the 3rd might be accomplished by resampling at a lower resolution I guess

filters - hp and lp that could be used in conjunction with each other and also applied to input so it can be recorded to save processing power down the line.

lfo - not strictly an effect I guess but can be used as a chopper and fx would be a potential destination for an lfo to be applied to. Be even cooler if we could get 2 and we could have a destination option of the other lfo.

It it would be nice to have the option to apply fx to individual pads or globally and the option to apply pre/post compression (which could do with attack and release adjustment)

Hope these aren’t pie in the sky ideas I’m not particularly tech so I don’t know how much the BB architecture can handle.

Comment

In general, we probably can't support more than two active effects at a time. The limitation is the processor. It's already possible to drive the box beyond its limits with the features we have, and thus introduce crackling and drop outs. We want to keep it stable.

But that being said, we could potentially in the future allow you to choose which two FX you want. Most, if not all, of the effects you listed are in our fxbox eurorack module, so we know how to implement them. :-) It's just a matter of prioritization against other features.

Comment

Hey christine

thanks for the reply. That’s cool 2 effects at a time are more than enough for me. I can always reroute the sounds I use back into the BB and resample that freeing up the fx channels for more effects should I desire to repeat the process and simultaneously creating iterations to build up my songs.

Nice one

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
                            In general, we probably can't support more than two active effects at a time. The limitation is the processor. It's already possible to drive the box beyond its limits with the features we have, and thus introduce crackling and drop outs. We want to keep it stable.

But that being said, we could potentially in the future allow you to choose which two FX you want. Most, if not all, of the effects you listed are in our fxbox eurorack module, so we know how to implement them. :-) It's just a matter of prioritization against other features.
                            I'm fine with this too.

Comment

EQ, Distortion and Compressor with external sidechain.
                              Last edited by modulispaces; 07-12-2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X