Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

External Midi Control for Mix Screen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • External Midi Control for Mix Screen

    External midi controller implementation for the mixer screen would be very beneficial especially for live performance. Would be awesome to be able to map my Midi Fighter Twister's 16 encoder knobs, or any controller with faders or encoder knobs, to the Mix screen and equally for the Fx screen for that matter. Control over the pads while using an external controller to control the Mix and Fx would be so clutch. Its great that the USB device host is already in place for the BlackBox, my Midi Fighter fired up right away, but opening up the midi mapping capabilities would make it even better. Look forward to future updates!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Fess Grandiose View Post
    External midi controller implementation for the mixer screen would be very beneficial especially for live performance. Would be awesome to be able to map my Midi Fighter Twister's 16 encoder knobs, or any controller with faders or encoder knobs, to the Mix screen and equally for the Fx screen for that matter. Control over the pads while using an external controller to control the Mix and Fx would be so clutch. Its great that the USB device host is already in place for the BlackBox, my Midi Fighter fired up right away, but opening up the midi mapping capabilities would make it even better. Look forward to future updates!
    Yes on this!

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree.
      This would be a great addition!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yet another interesting idea for a future release. I will log it for consideration.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Christine View Post
          Yet another interesting idea for a future release. I will log it for consideration.
          I just jammed last night with a DJ on my Blackbox and having an external mix controller would make this perfect! I’ve never used the midi fighter twister but I have lusted after it before. Maybe this is the reason to get it - once the feature is implemented of course.

          The experience I had last night actually made me fall in love with the encoders you used on the blackbox so much that I would suggest you guys make an external mix controller yourselves as a step-up accessory for the blackbox.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by oHeFFeSS View Post
            I would suggest you guys make an external mix controller yourselves as a step-up accessory for the blackbox.
            Hell yeah! Something like this would be awesome..



            Click image for larger version

Name:	controlbox.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	4039
            Last edited by Dan; 04-21-2019, 11:13 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I love the mockup. I wish it were so easy to make new products. I do have the MIDI Twister and really like it. It can work with Blackbox if you configure both sides to use MIDI Volume CC and Pan CC. We can certainly make it easier to use. Thanks for the discussion.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                I love the mockup. I wish it were so easy to make new products. I do have the MIDI Twister and really like it. It can work with Blackbox if you configure both sides to use MIDI Volume CC and Pan CC. We can certainly make it easier to use. Thanks for the discussion.
                Whoa thank you for this suggestion, I will try this with my midi Twitster! Also allow me to state further how much i adore this product and your response with us!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Any update on how well the volume control works with the Midi fighter twister?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X