Pad LaunchMode: Gate with Hold option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pad LaunchMode: Gate with Hold option

When switching the pad launch mode to "Gate", it would be great if there was an option to Hold the Gate, similar to the Hold button on the infamous samplers made by Roland. That may be hard to do on the pad screen itself, not really sure, but how about the command for gate "Hold" could be holding down the pad that you want to "Hold", then hitting the "Pads" button. That pad stays in "Hold" until it is touched again, releasing the "Gate". Just an idea, geared more towards optimizing live performance

Isn't this toggle mode? Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Isn't this toggle mode? Am I missing something?
      Sort of... but the user cant trigger the pad sample the same in toggle mode as you can in gate mode. Thus having the option to hold the gate in gate mode would be pretty cool. You're not missing anything, I just thought this was a wish list.

Comment

Do you mean you want to hit the snare pad once, have it sound the snare and repeat the snare hit until hit the snare pad again? Sort of like on the Akai machines where it's essentially re-triggering? I think you can accomplish this if you put your sample in "clip" mode. I did this with a loop and once I touched the pad it would trigger repeatedly until I touched the pad again. I'm not quite sure how it would work on a one shot though.

Comment

So like a sustain pedal?

Comment

I think that's what he's talking about but I could be wrong. I tried putting a one shot sample in clip mode and it re-triggered repeatedly after I hit the pad but I think the sequence and sample parameters need adjusting and I didn't spend much time on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fess Grandiose View Post
              When switching the pad launch mode to "Gate", it would be great if there was an option to Hold the Gate, similar to the Hold button on the infamous samplers made by Roland. That may be hard to do on the pad screen itself, not really sure, but how about the command for gate "Hold" could be holding down the pad that you want to "Hold", then hitting the "Pads" button. That pad stays in "Hold" until it is touched again, releasing the "Gate". Just an idea, geared more towards optimizing live performance
              Let me see if I understand correctly. You primarily want a Gate pad, but sometimes you want to hold it longer than you want to leave your finger there, hence the hold option. Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post

Let me see if I understand correctly. You primarily want a Gate pad, but sometimes you want to hold it longer than you want to leave your finger there, hence the hold option. Is that it?
                Exactly what I was trying to say

Comment

Working...
                X