X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrum
    replied
    Originally posted by oHeFFeSS View Post

Oh man this is awesome... it could be used to quickly make tracks to take into a DAW or share with a collaborator as well.
    That's what I'm thinking as far as DAW export, collaboration, future use etc. If we have the chopped WAV files stored with the sequence then we have access to our edits to export and further refine elsewhere if we'd like. Saving the raw sample material will be useful since the user may want to use that source material again, just in a different application such as sampling a drum loop, chopping it, editing it and making a kit in Blackbox which will be stored with a sequence and retaining the original sample at the root of the SD card so the user can now take that full loop and use it as an actual loop or clip.

Also, if the user chops a sample and doesn't put the chops in a saved sequence/song, the chops and original sample should reside at the root of the SD card like they do now. Let the user sort it out.

Leave a comment:

• oHeFFeSS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferrum View Post

Yes that's essentially what I mean. You all code very fast. I was surprised to see the new update and how many bugs were addressed and new features added. As far as sample export/file management, in my mind I see it like this.
    1. Record samples
    2. Trim, chop samples
    3. Sequence, apply effects
    4. Create song
    5. Import SD card to computer
    6. There's a song folders with sequence data and the chopped, edited WAV files as well.
    7. The original un-edited sample can reside on the root of the SD card in case the user wants to edit the raw file on a computer, hardware device or simply store it in their own repository.
    Oh man this is awesome... it could be used to quickly make tracks to take into a DAW or share with a collaborator as well.

Leave a comment:

• Ferrum
    replied
    Originally posted by Christine View Post
    Essentially, if I read this correctly, you would like a way to collect and move around all of the files related to a given preset. This would include the WAV files, the Preset file and possibly in the future some kind of MIDI files for the sequences and song sections. Is that the heart of it?

Thanks for the idea. We love collaborating with you all. We just wish we could code as quickly as you all can come up with ideas. :-)
    Yes that's essentially what I mean. You all code very fast. I was surprised to see the new update and how many bugs were addressed and new features added. As far as sample export/file management, in my mind I see it like this.
    1. Record samples
    2. Trim, chop samples
    3. Sequence, apply effects
    4. Create song
    5. Import SD card to computer
    6. There's a song folders with sequence data and the chopped, edited WAV files as well.
    7. The original un-edited sample can reside on the root of the SD card in case the user wants to edit the raw file on a computer, hardware device or simply store it in their own repository.

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    Essentially, if I read this correctly, you would like a way to collect and move around all of the files related to a given preset. This would include the WAV files, the Preset file and possibly in the future some kind of MIDI files for the sequences and song sections. Is that the heart of it?

Thanks for the idea. We love collaborating with you all. We just wish we could code as quickly as you all can come up with ideas. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Ferrum
    started a topic Song/Sequence Export

Song/Sequence Export

Thanks for the new update. 1.0 addressed and fixed many bug issues and implemented some user requested features. I'd hope in a future update you will implement a user friendly method of exporting sequences and songs. As of now any newly sampled audio is simply saved on the SD card. It would be nice if the newly sampled audio was saved to the SD card and included in a saved project folder. I've been using the Blackbox to sample my eurorack gear and make kits, sequences but the SD card simply shows a bunch of WAV files with no actual folder to show which sequence it goes with. If I make a drum kit I like I have to sort through the WAV files on my computer to collect them all and organize them. As someone who likes to make sample packs this can get quite tedious. I'd like to request sequences to be saved in song folders with the WAV file. This would make it easy to move our sequences/songs around in different software/hardware without getting lost in a pool of WAV files. Any sampled audio not saved to a sequence/song could be saved to the SD card using the current format. Thank you
Working...
X