Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uses for Step Cursor - "STEP EDIT" function

Originally posted by Christine View Post
    1. the step cursor is a carry over from bitbox that didn't get removed. We haven't decided if we are going to do anything with it in the future.
    I'm making this suggestion for a few reasons -

1) I've been frustrated by accidentally hitting the wrong note using the touch screen often. NOTE - I know I can zoom in and out, but I find it hard to zoom in and out because sometimes I only zoom the X or only zoom the Y axis - it isn't super easy to use the pinch to zoom (for me at least).

2) The precision of being able to select a step using the step cursor appeals to me for editing - and avoids the tapping issues above - I don't like to accidentally remove a note, especially when playing.

IN KEYS MODE:

The blank box at the top of the sequence between edit and the pad chooser could be a "step edit" button which would make a popup appear on-screen (letting some of the info behind it show so you can see where you are in the sequence) that would allow you to edit that note or chord more easily. When on that popup you would never be able to accidentally add a note where you didn't want it. You'd still hear the note sound but it wouldn't go anywhere else in the sequence except for right there and would work when playing even if you weren't recording.

USE:

1) Scrolling the step cursor to select a step on the grid (even when a sequence is playing)

2) tap "step edit".

3) Popup would appear containing a visual similar to the keys page

4) You could then add (or remove) a note or chord using a keyboard or a tapped key.

4A) The keyboard that appeared in the popup would act like a "hold" function on a keyboard where you tapped the key you wanted to add. One of the encoders could scroll up and down the keyboard, and another encoders would pick the length of the note, a third encoder would choose the velocity of the note.

4B) The same functionality would be enabled with a midi controller - note and velocity data from the keyboard would add or remove notes from the step edit popup

IN PADS MODE:

The same box to the right of the "edit" button would be "step edit", and when you clicked it, a mini version of the pads page would popup and allow you to add and remove pads from the step similarly to the method described above in the keys mode.

I know this is all very specific, but I hope regardless that whatever I shared helps provide some insight into the Blackbox software development.

Thanks for taking the time to write out your idea. We will keep it in mind for a future release. But please know that there are always more feature requests than we can implement.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
      Thanks for taking the time to write out your idea. We will keep it in mind for a future release. But please know that there are always more feature requests than we can implement.
      Oh I realize that!

i wrote out the idea mainly because I just can easily zoom in and out!

The pinch and stretch gesture I use all the time on my phone doesn’t seem to work well on the Blackbox sequence screen.

Comment

Working...
      X