Trigger/Gate Mutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger/Gate Mutes

Just got this beast tonight, and I am loving it.

How hard would it be to add a 2nd mute mode, where instead of muting the audio of a pad, you are muting the triggers going into the pad? The current sample would finish playing, but all subsequent triggers would be blocked.

I find I am cutting the tails on longer samples with the audio mute.

That's an interesting idea. I can see your point. Sometimes feature decisions are not just about how difficult it is to code. Sometimes it's about how to do it in a way that the UI is not confusing, especially on such a small screen. We will see what we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
      That's an interesting idea. I can see your point. Sometimes feature decisions are not just about how difficult it is to code. Sometimes it's about how to do it in a way that the UI is not confusing, especially on such a small screen. We will see what we can do.
      Christine, trigger mutes could occur on the pads screen while audio mutes occur on the mix screen.

Comment

Originally posted by oHeFFeSS View Post

Christine, trigger mutes could occur on the pads screen while audio mutes occur on the mix screen.
        That would be awesome. Repurpose the back button on the pads page, and have it toggle a trigger/gate mutes page. Or even a two button combination to get to it. Press and hold pads, then info.

Comment

While we're on the subject of muting things...
          Mutes for the sequences would be very handy for live performance.
          The ability to manually gate the seq's would be awesome to see!

Comment

Originally posted by cdbarbuto View Post
            Muting sequences is definitely interesting. How would you see this working? One way could be to add another button above Deact, clear and undo on the SEQs home page. It could be a MUTE button that toggles mute state the way the MIX screen toggles. Then the progress bar could turn red. Or maybe we use the Back button here as well as recommended for muting pads, just for consistency.

We've been thinking that the area on the right of the PADS and SEQS screen might be a sliding panel that could have different functions. Maybe we could put the MUTE button on a panel on the PADs screen as well. The lower right encoder could be used to slide between panels.

Comment

We've been thinking that the area on the right of the PADS and SEQS screen might be a sliding panel that could have different functions. Maybe we could put the MUTE button on a panel on the PADs screen as well. The lower right encoder could be used to slide between panels.
              the sky is the limit for optimizing performance controls!

im digging the hell out of these ideas. I can’t wait.

Comment

Anyone seen the video for the Pioneer Squid sequencer?

im thinking in the end - especially with features like manually gated sequences and per pad midi outs, the Blackbox could - in addition to being a badass sampler - better than the Squid as a sequencer.

Comment

Muting sequences is definitely interesting. How would you see this working? One way could be to add another button above Deact, clear and undo on the SEQs home page. It could be a MUTE button that toggles mute state the way the MIX screen toggles. Then the progress bar could turn red. Or maybe we use the Back button here as well as recommended for muting pads, just for consistency.

Honestly couldn't go wrong with any of those ideas!
                  I like the idea of utilizing the left side of the pads screen.

I was also thinking about utilizing the touch screen in the info panels.
                  Like the "step count" for the sequencer.

Press "step count" on the screen.
                  That square will change color.
                  Now the encoder can change the step count in intervals of 8.
                  Thay way getting to 128 won't take 15 secs of turning the knob.

That same action could be used for lots of parameters.

Comment

Honestly couldn't go wrong with any of those ideas!
                    I like the idea of utilizing the left side of the pads screen.

I was also thinking about utilizing the touch screen in the info panels.
                    Like the "step count" for the sequencer.

Press "step count" on the screen.
                    That square will change color.
                    Now the encoder can change the step count in intervals of 8.
                    Thay way getting to 128 won't take 15 secs of turning the knob.

That same action could be used for lots of parameters.
                    I love this... any super helpful shortcuts will make performing more fun!

Comment

Muting sequences would be really cool to also mute sequences going to external gear.
                      Additionaly it would be nice to make muting sequences also controllable by additional 16 midi notes on global channel for immediate access via a midi controller.

I would like to take this even further, and add some 'mute scenes', storing the state of mutes. I love this feature on the good old yamaha rs7000.

Comment

Just wanted to add that, for me, muting external sequences would be a much used feature by little old me. I'd absolutely love to see this feature implemented.

Also wanted to suggest the idea of double-clicking the white panel buttons to bring up a sub-menu or menu-overlay that would allow you to select different page modes/options. I mentioned it in the "multiple pad pages" post, but think it could be a handy idea here too. Thank you!
                        Last edited by himlao808; 07-08-2019, 08:11 AM. Reason: adding another thought

Comment

Working...
                        X