Midi signal through while recording sequences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi signal through while recording sequences

I'd like to record sequences during playback using my midi controller and send them to an external synthesizer, however there doesn't seem to be a way to pass the incoming midi straight through to the output channel I set on the sequence. As a result I can only hear what I've played after the sequence loop completes and the new midi data starts to be transferred (I'm on the 1.0 RC btw). Any chance of supporting something like this?

Originally posted by tomjfiset View Post
    I'd like to record sequences during playback using my midi controller and send them to an external synthesizer, however there doesn't seem to be a way to pass the incoming midi straight through to the output channel I set on the sequence. As a result I can only hear what I've played after the sequence loop completes and the new midi data starts to be transferred (I'm on the 1.0 RC btw). Any chance of supporting something like this?
    I second this

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I've logged it as a feature request for future consideration.

Comment

+1 Another vote from me

Comment

I’m going to vote for this again!

it would be very convenient when sampling from a sound module to have the sound module connected from the blackbox’s midi out And it’s audio output going back to the blackbox’s input.

i was doing this the other night and I wished I could play the module directly with a midi thru.

Comment

This is very important feature missing. +1

Comment

Can't you just split the midi ? One to BBox and the other to the device you want to drive?

Comment

If you want to use blackbox as a USB host you can't, you'd have to use an external USB host as well as a thru box which is pretty cumbersome.

Comment

Howdy folks, super +1 on this for me too. For me personally, this is the biggest missing piece on this lovely new BlackBox that I'm enjoying so much. Thank you kindly!

Comment

Working...
                  X