No announcement yet.

Midi Program Change Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi Program Change Support

Firmware 3.09 does looks great, congrats. One thing that still appears to be missing from the MIDI implementation is to enable MIDI program change messages (i.e., set MSB and LSB for bank and program to change external synth's patches on a specified midi channel).

At a minimum, have a way to send those at the first scene in a song , or perhaps as a one time message at the time of loading a blackbox patch would make this a best in class performance ready sequencer ( or at least give Akai a run for the money in this price range)

Blackbox does not generate (send) MIDI Pgm change messages. This request definitely exists on the wish list.

Comment

Originally posted by digidestrukt
      Firmware 3.09 does looks great, congrats. One thing that still appears to be missing from the MIDI implementation is to enable MIDI program change messages (i.e., set MSB and LSB for bank and program to change external synth's patches on a specified midi channel).

At a minimum, have a way to send those at the first scene in a song , or perhaps as a one time message at the time of loading a blackbox patch would make this a best in class performance ready sequencer ( or at least give Akai a run for the money in this price range)
      I agree. 3.09 is a very good update. I instead am missing the MSB bank change reception. And I still can't understand why it is not present there.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftf

I agree. 3.09 is a very good update. I instead am missing the MSB bank change reception. And I still can't understand why it is not present there.
        The blackbox does not accept bank change messages because it does not have banks. The idea is to arrange your presets alphabetically in the order you want them to respond to 0-127. If you need more than 127 presets, we encourage you to use additional microSD cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve

The blackbox does not accept bank change messages because it does not have banks. The idea is to arrange your presets alphabetically in the order you want them to respond to 0-127. If you need more than 127 presets, we encourage you to use additional microSD cards.
          Well it doesn't have programs either. I mean specific program numbers that can be saved and recalled. As you state it recalls presets alphabetically. why can't we recall more than 128. You don't need banks to have blackbox receive MSB/LSB pairs. You just need to program the software to make the simple math.
          Example: MSB 1, LSB 2 = program number 130.
          Is there a technical reason? Your answer is just not convincing and sorry to say that, it neither does make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftf

Well it doesn't have programs either. I mean specific program numbers that can be saved and recalled. As you state it recalls presets alphabetically. why can't we recall more than 128. You don't need banks to have blackbox receive MSB/LSB pairs. You just need to program the software to make the simple math.
            Example: MSB 1, LSB 2 = program number 130.
            Is there a technical reason? Your answer is just not convincing and sorry to say that, it neither does make any sense.
            Sorry, it doesn't make sense. I explained exactly how the device works. It works this way intentionally. However, your feature request is in the right location. Thank you for sharing this.

Comment

• kraftf
              kraftf commented
              Editing a comment
              Thx for acknowledging my request.

Hopefully this is the right thread to +1
            If the Blackbox could emit a program/controller change, I think it could open up a whole new market for guitarists etc. who are playing to a click. Getting the BB to change presets on their fx pedals (wah /distortion on and off etc.) would be a godsend, and remove a lot of pedal tap-dancing.

I wouldn't be too fussed about receiving and recording these messages, as people might get silly with recording thousands of pitch bend message which would clog up the preset file. But making, for example a high midi note correspond to a Patch or controller change to turn an effect on or off would be ideal.

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎