Vertical Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical Layout

In a future update can we have a vertical layout like the gate cells of Toolbox? It would be much easier to program 32, 64 steps and such.

Originally posted by Ferrum View Post
    In a future update can we have a vertical layout like the gate cells of Toolbox? It would be much easier to program 32, 64 steps and such.
    Can you link a photo of that interface?

Comment

Originally posted by oHeFFeSS View Post

Can you link a photo of that interface?
      google is your friend ...https://1010music.com/wp-content/upl...ual-v1.1.4.pdf

Comment

If we did that, you could only support one pad at a time.

I'm assuming you are referring to this screen where the steps move from lower left across then up:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GateGridScreen.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	4432

What do you see as the advantages to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post

I'm assuming you are referring to this screen where the steps move from lower left across then up:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GateGridScreen.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	4432

It would be easier to program longer drum and percussion patterns. As of now we have the piano roll but editing 32, 64 steps on that is rough with all the zooming in and out. With the vertical Toolbox style layout I can program/edit long patterns easily. In the image you posted there's 64 large steps for easy editing. Maybe add an extra cell type in the sequence boxes, so instead of pads and keys, we now have pads, keys and gate which will give a vertical layout like Toolbox for programming drums and percussion.

Comment

It would be easier to program longer drum and percussion patterns. As of now we have the piano roll but editing 32, 64 steps on that is rough with all the zooming in and out. With the vertical Toolbox style layout I can program/edit long patterns easily. In the image you posted there's 64 large steps for easy editing. Maybe add an extra cell type in the sequence boxes, so instead of pads and keys, we now have pads, keys and gate which will give a vertical layout like Toolbox for programming drums and percussion.
            The Zooming in and out is time consuming - I like Ferrum’s idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post

It's an easier way to program drum beats when using one shot samples, as the pitch info isn't needed.

It would be great eventually if all of the sequencer cells could be any of the 7 types available in toolbox, too!

Comment

Working...
              X