Giving samples "tag names"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving samples "tag names"

My pads page is always a mess with text.
    I would love to be able to give each sample a secondary name that displays on the pads page.

So instead of my crash showing "18 Z K Da"
    it could say "crash 1" or whatever.

Would be much nicer on the eyes
    Last edited by cdbarbuto; 05-12-2019, 10:59 PM.

Originally posted by cdbarbuto View Post
    My pads page is always a mess with text.
    I would love to be able to give each sample a secondary name that displays on the pads page.

So instead of my crash showing "18 Z K Da"
    it could say "crash 1" or whatever.

Would be much nicer on the eyes
    Yes yes a million times yes.

a lot of times renaming samples in the operating system is cumbersome and not helpful for finding them again but being able to rename them (and honestly id like to be able to re-color the boxes as well) would help a lot!

Comment

I see what you mean. The on screen names can be frustrating because they can appear to be dupes when they aren't.
      Would the "secondary name" or on-screen tag be the same name for all pre-sets, or would it be pre-set specific? Would you ever want to use different names for the same sample?

Comment

I could see having a list of names to choose from.
        like the obvious, "kick, snare, hihat, and so on.
        but the ability to also make a custom name or tag would be ideal for sure.
        But I would be happy with just a generic list to choose from.

Being able to change the color of a cell like oHeFFeSS said would be perfect for this!
        Last edited by cdbarbuto; 05-16-2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
          I see what you mean. The on screen names can be frustrating because they can appear to be dupes when they aren't.
          Would the "secondary name" or on-screen tag be the same name for all pre-sets, or would it be pre-set specific? Would you ever want to use different names for the same sample?
          Christine - a generic set of names that could be selectable and saved in conjunction with the sample (sort of like category tags) would be great because whenever you wanted to load that sample again (this would be helpful in the file browser) you could sort them based on the tag.

Also saving a custom name by preset would be good too.

sample name rubric would be:

If preset name exists display preset name else
          if tag exists display tag name else
          display file name

pad colors should only be saved with the preset.

you can reserve the colors you use in the interface (mute and unmute colors) as not delectable by pad so as not to cause interface issues.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
            X