Default Grid Size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Grid Size

I would love the ability to set the default grid size in the sequence view. The first thing I always have to do when I open an empty sequence is to zoom way in to start programming notes.
    Thanks!

I like this idea.
    I also had the thought of customizing the pad screen.
    I use velocity sensitive pads to trigger my samples, so I have no need for the velocity slider taking up real estate on the screen.
    The option to remove the on screen velocity control in favor of a bigger pad grid layout would be nice.
    Definitely not a huge priority but a nice quality of life feature IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by cdbarbuto View Post
      I like this idea.
      I also had the thought of customizing the pad screen.
      I use velocity sensitive pads to trigger my samples, so I have no need for the velocity slider taking up real estate on the screen.
      The option to remove the on screen velocity control in favor of a bigger pad grid layout would be nice.
      Definitely not a huge priority but a nice quality of life feature IMO.
      I would like to be able to use that real estate to assign controls for the knobs too...

alternate pad screen view states maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by oHeFFeSS View Post

I would like to be able to use that real estate to assign controls for the knobs too...

alternate pad screen view states maybe?
        Excellent idea!

Comment

Agreed, +1

Comment

We can consider customizing the default grid zoom level for a future release. We chose the current setting so you can see what's happening on all of the pads.

Comment

The bird's eye view is sometimes desirable, but it can really interrupt the playflow, particularly when the grid shows more than 16 steps. Perhaps an option to remember the last grid zoom level. When I leave the grid, then come back to it like a second later, having to re-pinch zoom and scroll kills the fun. And perhaps some kind of quick buttons to change to user-specified zoom levels. Pinch-zoom scroll may be the most precise, but it adds a lot of friction to live situations.
              Last edited by blipson; 06-16-2019, 04:17 AM.

Comment

If there's touch-and-hold functionality, touching and holding anywhere on the grid could zoom a standard amount centered on that point. Then, in that context, it would be nice if there were a simple un-zoom functionality

Comment

Originally posted by blipson View Post
                  If there's touch-and-hold functionality, touching and holding anywhere on the grid could zoom a standard amount centered on that point. Then, in that context, it would be nice if there were a simple un-zoom functionality
                  I continue to have trouble with the pinch and stretch gesture - I think having an option like this would be good.

Comment

Working...
                  X