sub menu overlay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub menu overlay

I wrote a wishlist before about being able to assign the knobs to sub menu controls (pitch, filter, playhead, effects) while on the top page of the pads, keys, sequencer. I've thought more about it and perhaps a small overlay screen indicating setting value / assigning the knob control on the first page would be a helpful improvement on the playability factor. without an external controller its very hard to really be creative in realtime with the current menu diving design. obviously this is a major ask, but something to discuss if Aaron is open to it down the road.

The knobs are at least partially spoken for on the main screen: Selecting a new pad without playing it. I look forward to hearing what others think of your idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      The knobs are at least partially spoken for on the main screen: Selecting a new pad without playing it. I look forward to hearing what others think of your idea.
      I would love to be able to assign the knobs to control pad parameters - allowing you to choose which knob is assigned to which parameter would be great as well.

The pads, keys, and mix screen would be great places to have this feature however, when you're on a main screen on any page, the back button could switch back and forth between the main screen and the screen's sub menu where you could do things like assign what the knobs do on that screen. You could use this feature to make many other setup choices.

On the mix page, the four blank slots on the sides could be where you could assign what all four knobs do (instead of or in addition to gain and pan).

Some ideas for knob assignments are:
      1. main pitch
      2. filter
      3. ADSR
      4. sample end point
      5. sample start
      6. loop start
      7. loop end
      For the pads and keys page only:
      1. velocity
      2. aftertouch
      3. mod wheel
      4. breath control
      5. assignable CCs
      For future modulation controls:
      1. LFO Depth
      2. LFO Rate
      3. LFO Wave Shape
      4. LFO Destination (like sample start point, loop start, etc)
      5. Sidechain Destination
      6. Sidechain Effect Selection

Comment

We will add this to the list of modulation related requests.

Comment

Working...
        X