Screensaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screensaver

Would it be possible to have a timer that allows the screen to go dark after a set time? I like to leave my studio running and I worry about screen burn?

I second this. Was about to suggest the same thing. This really needs a auto-off feature. Sleep mode, where the screens turns off if there is no signal or clock coming in for a certain amount of time.

Comment

Third this. I've gotten some minor burn in and would love to keep my bitbox in good condition without having to turn off all the time.

Nerdseq has a nice screensave that just cycles a few colors

Comment

• Terekki
        Terekki commented
        Editing a comment
        XOR listens to their customers

Even a "Sleep Button" that kicked to a dark screen in the tools would be cool.
      Undo would be to press "Tools"

Comment

Nice idea! First go to lowest brightness and then turn the screen of.

I don't think it needs a menu entry, a simple textfile/config-file on the sd card with the times for low birghness and sreen of would do it.

Comment

• shankiphonic
          shankiphonic commented
          Editing a comment
          that's an interesting idea - brightness from "off" to 0-100. I could get behind that.
          Still, I'm a fan of the built in timer (even w/o configurability). Sometimes I get up from the desk, and I think I'm coming right back, but then, well, you know - I don't get to come back.

I would like the screen saver to be a video game. Have I mentioned that I’d like it to have some video games?

Comment

I would also like to have a screensaver but still the ability to play the sounds in the bb with a controller without the screen turns on. I really would like it to have some text floating around or some cool graphic not only a black screen.

Comment

Bumping this thread. I've got a brand new Blackbox and it's already starting to show slight screen burn. This really needs to be added.

Comment

This should be a no brainer, especially if this screen is capable of burn in

Comment

Yes to screensaver!

Comment

At least timer to black screen would be great.

Comment

This was honestly the first suggestion I thought of when I got the device but thought it was so obvious / simple that I must have been missing something. Anyways, glad to see there is a thread about it. +1

Comment

The screen on the Elektron Digitakt turns itself off after prolonged inactivity. It’s documented. Probably less critical for that screen than here on the Blackbox.

The Digitakt features a screen saver that dims the screen after 5 minutes of inactivity and turns off the screen after 60 minutes. Press any key or move any controller to wake up the screen.
                    yes, let’s have this.

Comment

Yes ! I'm a bit afraid of what it could happen in the long run ! Screensaver ftw !

Comment

yes please....save the screen!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X