No announcement yet.

Screensaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree. Just go to black screen after x mins without activity. Press any button to wake up.

Comment

Blackbox -> black screen, makes sense

Comment

• underwood
        underwood commented
        Editing a comment
        Bluescreen for the Bluebox?

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe a good old BSOD would be fun for the Bluebox

I don't want to beat the team up over this.
      But I really would like to see it.
      for grins, I did a time lapse of my blackbox next to a couple of other pieces in my setup to log the behavior.

note:
      I'm not seeking to promote a negative image of the blackbox publicly in any way.
      Yes I put this up on YouTube, but only b/c that's the easiest place for me to share videos. this particular video is unlisted and it won't show up in YouTube search results.

Comment

Only as a interjection, not that somebody thinks I don't see a screensaver as a nice feature: The two devices in your video seems to have OLED displays that tend to burn in and age over time. These have the benefit of high contrast, low power consumption, an nearly non existing viewing angle. The blackbox however uses a simple color touch lcd that is put in drink dispenser, point of sale, cash terminals and other stuff that runs 24/7, mostly in full brightness in worst environment than a studio. So a screensaver is only needed for power saving purposes.

Comment

• shankiphonic
          shankiphonic commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t know that.
          You’re saying the type of screen used on the blackbox won’t ever suffer from burn in?

• underwood
          underwood commented
          Editing a comment
          I would not say never ever, but not that fast and strong as OLEDs old CRTs or Plasma TVs. AMOLEDs for example, have a longer live span and lower trend to burn in as OLEDs but are still not near on the trusted LCDs.
      Working...
      X