Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underwood
    commented on 's reply
    I would not say never ever, but not that fast and strong as OLEDs old CRTs or Plasma TVs. AMOLEDs for example, have a longer live span and lower trend to burn in as OLEDs but are still not near on the trusted LCDs.

• shankiphonic
    commented on 's reply
    I didn’t know that.
    You’re saying the type of screen used on the blackbox won’t ever suffer from burn in?

• underwood
    replied
    Only as a interjection, not that somebody thinks I don't see a screensaver as a nice feature: The two devices in your video seems to have OLED displays that tend to burn in and age over time. These have the benefit of high contrast, low power consumption, an nearly non existing viewing angle. The blackbox however uses a simple color touch lcd that is put in drink dispenser, point of sale, cash terminals and other stuff that runs 24/7, mostly in full brightness in worst environment than a studio. So a screensaver is only needed for power saving purposes.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe a good old BSOD would be fun for the Bluebox

• shankiphonic
    replied
    I don't want to beat the team up over this.
    But I really would like to see it.
    for grins, I did a time lapse of my blackbox next to a couple of other pieces in my setup to log the behavior.

note:
    I'm not seeking to promote a negative image of the blackbox publicly in any way.
    Yes I put this up on YouTube, but only b/c that's the easiest place for me to share videos. this particular video is unlisted and it won't show up in YouTube search results.

Leave a comment:

• underwood
    commented on 's reply
    Bluescreen for the Bluebox?

• jayneural
    replied
    Blackbox -> black screen, makes sense

Leave a comment:

• steve_redfish
    replied
    Agree. Just go to black screen after x mins without activity. Press any button to wake up.

Leave a comment:

• Terekki
    commented on 's reply
    XOR listens to their customers

• byrdinbbylon
    replied
    yes please....save the screen!!!

Leave a comment:

• shankiphonic
    commented on 's reply
    that's an interesting idea - brightness from "off" to 0-100. I could get behind that.
    Still, I'm a fan of the built in timer (even w/o configurability). Sometimes I get up from the desk, and I think I'm coming right back, but then, well, you know - I don't get to come back.

• KaOsphere
    replied
    Yes ! I'm a bit afraid of what it could happen in the long run ! Screensaver ftw !

Leave a comment:

• shankiphonic
    replied
    The screen on the Elektron Digitakt turns itself off after prolonged inactivity. It’s documented. Probably less critical for that screen than here on the Blackbox.

The Digitakt features a screen saver that dims the screen after 5 minutes of inactivity and turns off the screen after 60 minutes. Press any key or move any controller to wake up the screen.
    yes, let’s have this.

Leave a comment:

• elihu252
    replied
    This was honestly the first suggestion I thought of when I got the device but thought it was so obvious / simple that I must have been missing something. Anyways, glad to see there is a thread about it. +1

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    replied
    At least timer to black screen would be great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X