Shortcuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortcuts

Hi ... whilst waiting for my BB to arrive, I've just had some thoughts.

Blackbox having 8 mode buttons is easily one of its best features for quick user interaction.But once you've used the KEY to select your mode, it doesn't do much. Having owned a Pyramid, some Elektron gear, a MPC and others, I think that a selection of hold-KEY shortcuts could be implemented without too much strife.

ie, whilst in a mode, subsequently holding down the matching mode KEY could do (just my suggestions):
    - PAD + cell would trigger a repeat (like MPC) - rate configured on a cell by cell basis (16ths, tripples) etc - VEL would still work for nice rising or falling trills
    - KEYS + cell would mimic a sustain pedal
    - SEQS + cell would cue the next sequence, but stop all others when it starts (for those who prefer a linear workflow)
    - SONG + cell would similarly stop any sequences not 'owned' by the Song step (say after some live sequence playing over the top of the Song)
    - FX + effect level would toggle Effects from selected value to nil and back (for quick drops)
    - MIX + cell would operate as SOLOs
    - PSET + cell would display quick A-Z pop-up to select 1st letter of Preset
    - TOOLS + cell - Well, I'd leave that one alone for future things.

Of course as always, just my personal 2ยข worth - use/ignore at will

Thank you for these well considered ideas. We will refer back to them as we develop the product further.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Thank you for these well considered ideas. We will refer back to them as we develop the product further.
      Using this shortcuts concept (holding the screen key) along with the info and back buttons could activate additional shortcuts... I'd venture to suggest that the knobs also could have shortcuts while holding the screen key.

Comment

Now we are getting into advanced user features. We will keep it in mind for a future update.

Comment

Working...
        X