MIDI clock and start/stop over USB host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI clock and start/stop over USB host

Today I connected an AS-1 to my Blackbox's host port, and it worked! But no MIDI sync. Could the Blackbox support MIDI clock and start/stop messages over the USB host port? Either as clock master or slave, separate from the clock assignment to the MIDI TRS jacks.

We do support MIDI clock over the USB MIDI. That should have worked. Did you also have something plugged into the TRS Clock? Did you press Play on blackbox? Blackbox only follows an external clock when Play is active.

Comment

I just confirmed that blackbox will accept MIDI clock from a USB device. On the other hand, as of version 1.0.5, it does not send anything to the USB device. Clock is present on the MIDI output.

Comment

Thanks for your response. In addition to sync not working, I’m also getting intermittent notes. So maybe the AS-1’s USB does not work well with Blackbox. From the AS-1 manual:

USB-B terminal
        Connect to your computer.
        USB hubs cannot be used.
        To optimize performance, connect this unit and computer directly with a USB 2.0 compliant USB cable.

Christine, you said “Did you press Play on blackbox? Blackbox only follows an external clock when Play is active.” Can you explain a little more about this? I would expect sync over USB to work the same as over five pin MIDI, which starts and stops the transport automatically. (And works perfectly)

It was nice meeting you at Synthplex!

Comment

Working...
        X