Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Midi CC Control (For Control Surfaces, ETC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Midi CC Control (For Control Surfaces, ETC)

I know this is a big request, but I am thinking that being able to control the blackbox completely with a control surface (like the the Behringer X-Touch) or similar would turn it into a full fledged production platform.

One of our new users is planning on making a whole album with it.

With features like:
    • arming pads to record
    • muting/unmuting pads
    • setting filter and pan
    • automation
    This would be insane.

Of course, all these features are wonderful for live performance too so it makes a lot of sense (to me at least) if this became possible.

A truly portable studio.

I'm really looking forward to having a way to arm and record pads via MIDI, something like a Keith McMillen SoftStep would be perfect for selecting cells and starting the recording hands free

Comment

Any estimate how far out we are from gaining addition MIDI CC controls? So ready to turn my Beatstep Pro into a controller for this thing!

Comment

Originally posted by bc3 View Post
        Any estimate how far out we are from gaining addition MIDI CC controls? So ready to turn my Beatstep Pro into a controller for this thing!
        That sounds sick!

Come on CCs!

Comment

Just registered to +1 this. The strength of the entire device lies in being a small sample launcher that can be combined with sequencers. For me, that is.

Comment

Even just CCs as source of modulation would be very cool!

Comment

Plus 1 all of this!

Comment

I'm also really interested in this. On the fence about purchasing a blackbox, for me the integration with external controllers is essential, as I want to use the blackbox as a centerpiece. This means recording of MIDI CC's into clips, flexible midi thru routing to external MIDI hardware (f.e. change channels in a clip to control a specific midi device on a specific channel), and also record (and send) MIDI CC commands.

Is there an official roadmap on if/how/when MIDI CC and other related features can be expected? tnx!

Comment

+1 , Yes please would be very much appreciated.

Comment

+1 to all of this. I'm also on the fence of buying one, this would make me buy it instantly

Comment

A midi learn would be truly amazing.

Comment

I would also like this.

Comment

+1 .
                          I would like to be able to connect one or 2 midi switches to play/record on the fly ...

Comment

+10 zillion!
                            I see the CC update is the most anticipated one in the BB group. I will add myself too without getting overexcited about having more features. I would be really happy if we just get midi control of all basic parameters (filter, fx-granular parameters, mutes and maybe section trigger in song mode). would be great too if we had sequencer automation but on the other hand the majority of us has another sequencer (hard or soft) to control BB. The major issue is to be able to control BB fully externally. That's what I hoping for many years with octatrack and although it had an extensive midi support it never really made it. I hope BB gets this full control update.

Comment

+1 more CC control via midi and sequencer

Comment

Working...
                              X