Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polyphony per cell and loop crossfading

Hey guys

Two things that would make a huge difference for me and would eliminate a lot of extra gear I'm using would be:

- Being able to assign at least 8 or more voices per cell to play synth pads, I know it'll take up processing power but I honestly don't mind just using the one sample pad with more voices to play by itself while nothing else is playing.

- Crossfade looping, this is essential when using a sampler. Currently it's near impossible to get a loop point that doesn't pop or click, this would be amazing.

Thanks so much for taking these into consideration, I really appreciate it and excellent work on the Blackbox! Thank you!

Thanks for the ideas and for taking into consideration the tradeoffs. We will keep them in mind.

Comment

BUMP, Please implement this in the next update if you can! Thank you!

Comment

nb for no-click looping it might be sufficient to find zero-crossings automatically, no crossfade needed then,

Comment

+1 for crossfading. It is compulsory thing for a sampler in 2019!
          Parametric polyphony per pad would be nice too.

Comment

Our answer for loop crossfading is granular mode. Make the number of slices be 2, grain size: 1024, and scatter 0. With these settings, it is essentially a straight up crossfade.

Comment

• Klaustrophil
              Klaustrophil commented
              Editing a comment
              The granular mode is nice but a bit overkill for a simple loop. Also, in this mode there's no time-stretch to match the current tempo as well as no launch quantization etc.

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            Our answer for loop crossfading is granular mode. Make the number of slices be 2, grain size: 1024, and scatter 0. With these settings, it is essentially a straight up crossfade.
            Yes indeed and thank you very much!
            what about the cpu usage with the granular mode? When someone uses the settings you propose will it be different than using sample mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              Thanks Aaron, but isn't granular mode monophonic? Also, I wouldn't always want my sample granulated.

Comment

Originally posted by Intothegroove View Post

- Crossfade looping, this is essential when using a sampler. Currently it's near impossible to get a loop point that doesn't pop or click, this would be amazing.
                This. I'm very close to buying this sampler for long loops, but clicking/popping is an absolute dealbreaker. A $600 sampler must be capable of smooth looping and one-shots without clicks IMO.

The potential to handle it via granular mode seems to be a bit of a bandaid fix. The obvious solution is a user-definable crossfade duration for a loop that doesn't compromise the stereo playback.

Comment

+1 Loop Crossfading polyphonic in sampler mode

Possibility to assign samples to notes per cell. there is already a workaround using slices. but thats a bad workflow in that case.
                  For example I want ti change rhe snare just in a section of a song. or just change different voice samples.
                  Last edited by chrislux; 10-04-2019, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Bump. With the addition of the multisample, this also becomes more relevant. I'd love to simply play it as a piano (or some other instrument) even without sequencing stuff, but 4 note polyphony is a bit limited. In these cases I wouldn't mind spending all 16 voices on a single cell. Would be nice to have a few more options in the mono/poly drop down menu.

Comment

Working...
                    X