Blackbox Looper + footpedal control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackbox Looper + footpedal control

It would be great if the following sort of functionality could be introduced:
    Midi footpedal control to
    1. switch the track recording source to be L or R mono or L+R stereo (allowing to switch between two inputs, with a config in the settings for levels)
    2. start, stop track play/record, overdub, loop on stop record
    3. select track, track up, track down midi
    4. tap tempo
    5. mutes/solos
    etc

This would enable use of the Blackbox as a 16 track handsfree looper/recorder

I like this idea for recording stuff that is intensive, like scratching or playing a keyboard. Do midi foot switches exist?

Comment

yes, there are lots of them readybuilt; and easy to DIY with an arduino and a few components.

I was thinking of having a few tracks of whatever samples playing away and be able to record guitar or vocals into other tracks using remote midi control

Comment

• underwood
        underwood commented
        Editing a comment
        I've build a controller with an arduino micro that works on usb of the blackbox. Global midi assigns for record, overdub, undo, redo, track up/down would be nice.

Originally posted by mokomo View Post
      It would be great if the following sort of functionality could be introduced:
      Midi footpedal control to
      1. switch the track recording source to be L or R mono or L+R stereo (allowing to switch between two inputs, with a config in the settings for levels)
      2. start, stop track play/record, overdub, loop on stop record
      3. select track, track up, track down midi
      4. tap tempo
      5. mutes/solos
      etc

This would enable use of the Blackbox as a 16 track handsfree looper/recorder

I am super big supporter of this.

i really love live looping and am hoping to have the live looping capabilities of the Blackbox enhanced.

MIDI controls for arming channels and record, stop, auto toggle play will be really helpful.

Comment

That sounds like some very interesting features. We'll keep them in mind for a future release.

Comment

footpedal control for looping is my nr.1 on the wishlist!

Comment

+1 !!!
            https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...amour-whislist

​​Midi : play , rec , stop , mute etc
            Part of song ! ( By cc or note )
            Just play with arrangement with foot controll it will be amazing for live perf

Lfo or automation , seq view like a bar drum , or view option by column , quantification midi bypass
            Management project fonction ( folder, export, cut... , save with project ...)
            usb data transfert

This product it's wonderful now ! Soon a monster !!!!

​​​​​​

Comment

• underwood
              underwood commented
              Editing a comment
              foot controllers that send note on/off are rar, so cc would be better.

+1, foot control is indispensable, if we would use Bb as a looper. I think looping features could be enhanced!

Comment

+1 For guitarists that use pedalboards with MIDI would be an amazing feature and could also open a new market for the Blackbox

Comment

Yes please to all these suggestions!

Comment

Working...
                X